Shipyard help?

Weirdo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Shipyard help?

Postby Weirdo » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:59 pm

I've been trying to edit my shipyard file, in order to print out Starfleet Armada ships on sheets that have the firing arc diagrams and other data missing from the book sheets. However...I think I broke something, as it doesn't seem to be calculating the CRAT properly anymore. Can anyone tell me what I broke, please?

Thanks!

(Note: I'd like to stick to this version of the spreadsheet, so that the point values are consistent with all of my other conversions.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8hxjdqwlwg4x ... A.xls?dl=0

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Shipyard help?

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:30 am

Try sending a PM to bekosh, he probably has not noticed since you put shipyard in the subject.
This is "Myshipbuilder v9.x by Paul Polter"

Paul

bekosh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby bekosh » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Sorry, I didn't realize this was mine.
It looks like the problem is in the equipment list on the ship sheet. The list needs to be in alphabetical order and the Tractor Beam and Probe are missing the ORAT/CRAT info.

The latest version v9.0c of the spreadsheet is in the Starmada/Files section. You could look through the change log and see if the changes will affect your ships. Most of the changes after v5 were for the Klingon Armada additions which you might want anyway.
http://forum.mj12games.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=2891

If you want to stick with the v5.0b it is also still in the Files section. I tried downloading it but the file seems to be corrupted.
http://forum.mj12games.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1701#p15075
Paul
Carpe Dementia!

Weirdo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Weirdo » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Thanks! Aside from the formula for calculating the ORAT of probes(I've managed to figure that part out with some outside help), how should their lines look?

bekosh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby bekosh » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:47 pm

Make sure that the Probe and Tractor Beam ORAT multiplier (Column BS) and the DRAT multiplier (Column BU) have a value of 1. If it is blank or a 0 then the calculation will zero out. Red below.

Probe (BR)=5, (BS)=1, (BT)=Your calculated ORAT number, (BU)=1, (BV)=0
Tractor Beam (BR)=14, (BS)=1, (BT)=ROUNDUP((14*(6+AV9)/6),0) AV9 is the Engines value, (BU)=1, (BV)=0

Hopefully that makes sense.
Paul
Carpe Dementia!

Weirdo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Weirdo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:12 pm

That did it, thanks! My values are a little off from the published ones(311 vs the published 279), but I figure that's due to some setting-specific stuff they did behind the scenes. As long as these are consistent with each other and with other ships I've made with this sheet, I'm happy.

Thanks again!

Return to “Starmada: The Admiralty Edition”