Shipyard Nova

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Shipyard Nova

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Wow, I seem to have killed this thread for the time being...;)
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:13 pm

murtalianconfederacy wrote:Wow, I seem to have killed this thread for the time being...;)

I thought I was the one that did that to a thread!

Like the shipyard for AE, it goes into limbo until there is a question or request for something to be added.
So far I have resisted the temptation to add Fuel, Munitions and Passengers to the posted version (I say posted version because I have had the icons for them for ages to show which transport is loaded with what - We need that fuel at the outpost!).
I think I just had some ideas for more icons :geek: Ground force Construction/Repair yard and maybe some to go with the Command one. Experts - Engineering (extra movement for one turn, maybe a double move), Repair (make repairs for one turn without having to refrain from fighting +1 to throws) and Tactical (For one turn add 1 to weapon dice). No ship may have more than four icons (Command can be used for any of the three options) and they are crossed off when used. Simple way of having expert crews. Would need CR pointing.
Thoughts anyone?

Paul

TeknoMerk
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby TeknoMerk » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Hi Paul,

I saw your comments on Starship Combat News and decided to look at bit more often at the Starmada forums here. I like your idea of Experts, and it's simple. Thank you for posting them.

I still exclusively play Starmada but have not checked the forum as often as I used to. I'm trying to finish some 15mm Sci-Fi ground forces minis then go back to ship painting and space terrain-making. The goal is to re-start my Starmada campaign where I can have planetary assaults after the ship engagement is decided for a system.

Your Nova and AE Shipyard are greatly appreciated. I especially like the Weapon List version so each empire can carry over their weapon developments with each ship design.
<> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= <>

TeknoMerk

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:25 pm

TeknoMerk wrote:Hi Paul,

I saw your comments on Starship Combat News and decided to look at bit more often at the Starmada forums here. I like your idea of Experts, and it's simple. Thank you for posting them.

Your Nova and AE Shipyard are greatly appreciated. I especially like the Weapon List version so each empire can carry over their weapon developments with each ship design.

Thank you and welcome back.
The weapon list versions are handy for anyone running a campaign as they can present the players with ready made weapons to choose from. Stops a "run away" weapons race from the off.
It has been a bit quiet but I think that is in some part due to Nova having been ironed out before release.

Paul

TeknoMerk
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby TeknoMerk » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 pm

I have to agree that Nova resolved a lot of questions from X and AE. Of course, line of the current debates is Nova's fighters, but I think Beowulf has a good and tested solution to that.

I'm trying to finish other gaming projects to get back to more Starmada. In particular, I'm working on 15mm armies to use with my Starmada campaign for planetary actions.
<> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= <>

TeknoMerk

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:44 am

Gremlins!
Just pulled a fresh shipyard and found that the attack dice on the weapons sheet version were looking for the stats on the weapons page instead of ship.Why now? :?
I know it will have been obvious and easy fix with find and replace but I have amended it back to the way it was.
As the little grey wabbit would say, "It is Sab-O-Tagee". :D
Anyway it must have been my fault somehow, Sorry.

Paul

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:28 pm

OK get yer B5 counters out!
I bought a set yonks ago and the only things I hate are the font used and that it goes over the ships, well can not have everything I suppose. :(
My private copy gets all sorts of bits and bobs added to it. When I added faceted shields and KEB shields my own copy also got Tri shields and Quad shields (the latter with some old trek ships and the B5 counters in mind).
Since it is Christmas I have copied the Quad shields over to the shipyard that I post.

Have a good Christmas - Winter Fest- Mid Winter Break (Whatever you are allowed to call it wherever you are).

Paul
So let it be written, so let it be done.

Standanko

Postby Standanko » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:16 pm

Paul,

I've been having great fun with your Shipyard. Thank you for the excellent work.

I have a request for customization. What would I have to change to get Carrier information to display with the fighter name instead of T1, T2, etc.

Thank you,
Chris

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:14 am

Standanko wrote:Paul,

I've been having great fun with your Shipyard. Thank you for the excellent work.

I have a request for customization. What would I have to change to get Carrier information to display with the fighter name instead of T1, T2, etc.

Thank you,
Chris

Hello, not a bad suggestion for the next posting.
Means changing the contents of five or six cells to look for the fighter name.

With or without "Carrier"?
Would "Carrier: Name Fighter (*)" do?

Paul

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:45 am

If you're taking suggestions, could I ask for a sixth auxiliary system, "Flotilla Basing"?
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

Return to “Files”