3rd Edition System tile

Empire-building among the stars
Blackronin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: 3rd Edition System tile

Postby Blackronin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Two and an half observations that I feel I must offer:

1) I have the Sovereign Stars and played it with three friends years ago. We had fun but there was one thing that was very boring: the book keeping between game days. We used to play all the major battles with starmada and ships that we had pre-generated to be different to each race. The problem was the dinning table. We had to store the game every saturday night and rebuild it the next saturday. As Sovereign Stars is a campaign game, I think that in the next book there should be control sheet to facilitate this operation and to maintain book keeping.

2) The book should have ships for every race of the TI universe (14, a lot, yes I know) and the ships should have upgrades that could be used as the players research new technologies. That would be absolutely beautiful. If you need help, please say so. I'll be glad to help.

Half) To finalize, after doing this - maybe FFG would be willing to cast minis for that ships and sell it in their line of minis. I would buy. And I guess I wouldn't be the only one.
"Four-three by seventeen, Mr. Gordon. At my mark fire at the incoming little pest and then steam her up for another passage. This promises to be a long day..."

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:39 pm

Blackronin wrote:2) The book should have ships for every race of the TI universe (14, a lot, yes I know) and the ships should have upgrades that could be used as the players research new technologies. That would be absolutely beautiful. If you need help, please say so. I'll be glad to help.

Our license to use Twilight Imperium expired a long time ago. I do not see us pursuing its renewal.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

Blackronin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Blackronin » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:52 pm

There it goes. A short and very precise answer. :roll:

It's a pitty though. it was an excellent conjugation of games. Well, I'll have to do it all by myself... :(
"Four-three by seventeen, Mr. Gordon. At my mark fire at the incoming little pest and then steam her up for another passage. This promises to be a long day..."

Morrigan

Re:

Postby Morrigan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:22 pm

cricket wrote:Thought I'd share this; it's not done, as I haven't yet figured out the best way to denote the system values:

newsector.png

I'm not familiar with the original game... what is the relationship between this hex and the other hex graphic in this thread?

Very nice work btw.

mundungus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby mundungus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:54 am

I discovered this thread late, and the comments made no sense. Then I realized that all of the links to the image linked to the newest version of that file.

My gut reaction (for what that's worth): negative, I'm afraid. A fixed-width font doesn't look sci-fi anymore, it looks 1980s. Also, while I can appreciate the value of icons over numbers, these strike me as just hard-to-read numbers. If things can be arranged so that each icon is either present or not, then we will have truly gotten rid of numbers.

All this IMHO, of course. I will now proceed to the other threads and make some more broad, ill-considered criticisms. :evil:

Enpeze
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Enpeze » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:44 am

Hi,
The planet looks very good sofar. For the text I would not pose the planet name OVER the planet, rather above so that it does not interfere with the planet picture.

-I would exchange the # for little humanoid people icons
-what is this IND? :?: The special symbols <> before and after IND make it somewhat "improvised" and too computer-techy IMO.

The rest I really like. Good job.

Return to “The Sovereign Stars”