Evolution of Arms and starship boarding actions

The sci-fi Universal Skirmish System

Moderator: Demian Rose

terryoc
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Evolution of Arms and starship boarding actions

Postby terryoc » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:01 pm

I haven't actually read EoA, but just reading the blurb made me think that it would be great for doing Star Fleet Universe boarding actions, especially the kind shown in the story Mutiny on the Demonslayer where you have a small group of commandoes fighting in the corridors of a ship. The story featured things like deck-breaker charges which are not represented in current SFU rulesets but which seem to be covered in EoA (destructible terrain). Is there any chance that, in the future, we'll see a Defiance supplement with stats for Klingons, Romulans, etc?

Brother Jim
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Evolution of Arms and starship boarding actions

Postby Brother Jim » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:57 pm

That would be cool !!

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:25 am

It would almost certainly be techinically doable, with the caveat that I'm not at all sure how much information - official or otherwise - there actually is available about the infantry troops in Star Trek universe. I wouldn't hold my breath on anything like that ever happening tho, unless it's by concerted fan effort made official.

terryoc
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby terryoc » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Star Trek troops? No idea. Star Fleet Universe troops? A fair bit of information available. If there was sufficient interest from fans, and ADB & MJ12 were convinced that it would sell enough to make it worth the effort, then an official supplement could be done.

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:01 pm

terryoc wrote:Star Trek troops? No idea. Star Fleet Universe troops? A fair bit of information available
If you say so... I have no idea what is available for Star Fleet but I'm pretty sure there is very little to none at all of official, canon ST infantry information. The focus of the various series and the movies has been clearly elsewhere, as obviously dictated by the scripts needing to involve the actors playing the ship crews.

Reagardless, the demand would have to be very big and very vocal for such a supplement happening except as a player-driven effort that theoretically could be later made official by ADB stamp of approval and published.

Brother Jim
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Brother Jim » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:13 pm

I thought that ADB was working on a ground based game called "Federation Marines" or something like that.??

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:09 am

...which is sort of a very big spanner in the works for making an official D:EoA-based supplement.

Still no reason to not do it on a fan-based basis if one prefers.

Brother Jim
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Brother Jim » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:14 am

It still might be possible.
IIRC it's a game where each counter represents a squad, not an individual.

Demian Rose
Commander
Commander

Postby Demian Rose » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:21 am

I would *love* to modify the Defiance: Close Quarters Battle rules for Star Fleet boarding actions. MJ12 has the rights to the old Star Trek universe, correct?

Return to “Defiance”