Full Thrust -AE conversions?

Weirdo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Full Thrust -AE conversions?

Postby Weirdo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Has anyone managed to work up any conversion formulas for bringing Full Thrust ships into AE? At this point, I'm mostly concerned with how you rated ships' defenses. I've only managed to convert the NSL, and my pattern is

Hull= Mass/7.5
Engines= Thrust*2
Sheilds= Armor/2 (Max 5)

This doesn't really work for fleets that rely on screens or simply have really deep hull values, so I was wondering what other people had come up with.

RobinStirzaker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Full Thrust -AE conversions?

Postby RobinStirzaker » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Having hunted through my files it seems that I have done conversions of all (or almost all) the ships from the Fleet Books.

From having a quick look I think I went with Hull=(Hull+Armour)/10, Engines=Thrust, Shields=Screens

Some of the Phalon got Armour Plating to account for the multiple layers of armour

Robin
Robin

Weirdo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Weirdo » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:56 pm

So ships with no screens got shields 0? Yikes. I prefer that ships not be mushy like not-cheese unless they very specifically have no protection at all.

Weirdo
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Weirdo » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:28 pm

I've opted to go with Shields= Hull Integrity/12(round up, max 5), to reflect the ability of reinforced hulls to 'soak' incoming fire without passing it directly to the systems within. Not sure yet if I'm going to treat screens as armor plating, bumping the shields up a level, or both.

Return to “Starmada: The Admiralty Edition”