Starmada Star Wars!

Ship designs for the Nova Edition
BroAdso
Midshipman
Midshipman

Starmada Star Wars!

Postby BroAdso » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:13 am

Hello all! With all the hullabaloo around the most recent Star Wars movie, I figured it was time to give bringing the galaxy far, far away to the Starmada universe another shot.

I'm still plugging away at my Trek : TNG supplement, but this seemed more timely and was kinda fun. It doesn't assume any special rules, but Combined/Split Bank Firing seems to make sense in this particular universe at the very least. My main trouble was how to make fighters in Star Wars make sense - they punch way above their weight and are seemingly hard to destroy. I hope to playtest these in a few weeks, but until then, what are your thoughts?

I present a few somewhat spiffed-up graphical presentations of Star Wars: Starmada Edition.
Attachments
StarWarsStarmada.pdf
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 201 times

BroAdso
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: Starmada Star Wars!

Postby BroAdso » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Here's another draft. I'm starting to conceive of this Star Wars set as a quick, simple way to introduce people to Starmada - no special rules, twists, or modifications. Few of the weapons use complex rules (just a few Piercing, Guided, and a couple of Seekers), and there will be relatively few ships in a fleet.

Fellow Admirals, here's what the Rebel draft looks like so far - do you think this would make a simple introduction to Starmada for people? Do these ships capture the "Feel" of Star Wars to you? What changes would you make?
Attachments
RebelShipCountersFinal.pdf
(266.7 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
RebelFleetRoster.pdf
(371.72 KiB) Downloaded 295 times

BroAdso
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: Starmada Star Wars!

Postby BroAdso » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:49 am

Here are the Imperial ships! Since my theme here is to use a limited number of weapons and special qualities to make the Star Wars ships an easy introduction to the Starmada system, it was a little tricky to make them distinct from the Rebel ships, but I think they'll play somewhat differently, especially because the fighters the two groups have access to are so different (and differently distributed).
Attachments
ImperialFleetRoster.pdf
(375.45 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
ImperialShipCountersFinal.pdf
(250.08 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

Return to “The Bourbaki Basin (Nova)”