Just had my first game and have a few questions

Piffle
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 7:31 am
Location: Coventry, UK

Just had my first game and have a few questions

Postby Piffle » Sun May 05, 2013 8:19 am

Hi Everyone,

Had my first game of Fleet Ops last night. It was a fun game and the rules do seem to work well. We only used 145 points each which meant that I had a Star Destroyer and an Immobiliser Cruiser while my wife had a MC80 and a Rebel Assault Frigate. I was able to design the ships using the ship design spreadsheet and putting in weapons that wookieepedia claims the ships have. Each fighter represented either 12 Tie fighters or 6 X-wings. Overall very happy with the results. However a number of questions came up during the game. We plowed on regardless after deciding ourselves how to do it resolve them but I wanted to check whether we were doing it right or not.

1. We assumed that fighters do not have any defense value even against attacks by other fighters. And so any hit is an automatic kill. Is this correct?

2. Just how many orders can you give to a ship in the command phase? And can you have both a Full Speed and Run Silent or both an All Stop and Run Silent or even a Jump and Run Silent? If you have lots of orders how do you decide which one will take priority other than of course All Stop and Full Speed cancelling out.

3. Also to go back to fighters we assumed that there wasn't any rules about squadrons being pinned by other squadrons and so we let them decide if they wanted to stay and fight or whether to move away to attack something else.

I hope to have another bigger game soon and if I remember to take notes and photos I will try and write a battle report on it.

Thanks for you help,

Martin

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1230
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Re: Just had my first game and have a few questions

Postby OldnGrey » Thu May 15, 2014 1:59 am

Welcome, sorry nobody has replied yet.
I'll give it a go.
Piffle wrote:1. We assumed that fighters do not have any defense value even against attacks by other fighters. And so any hit is an automatic kill. Is this correct?

Correct but remember that ships firing at fighters halve their attack dice - Round down (Page 11 Run Silent should be amended).

Piffle wrote:2. Just how many orders can you give to a ship in the command phase? And can you have both a Full Speed and Run Silent or both an All Stop and Run Silent or even a Jump and Run Silent? If you have lots of orders how do you decide which one will take priority other than of course All Stop and Full Speed cancelling out.

One (face down) per command phase. You could place a Full Stop in one turn and Run Silent the next turn. Remember though that if you have a ship with a cloak and you place a Cloak order on a ship that has Run Silent then the Run Silent is removed.
Piffle wrote:3. Also to go back to fighters we assumed that there wasn't any rules about squadrons being pinned by other squadrons and so we let them decide if they wanted to stay and fight or whether to move away to attack something else.

Correct, there is no rule to say that enemy fighters are pinned. You could house rule for Dogfights (as per Admiralty Edition). Two enemy squadrons enter the same hex and fight it out until one is destroyed (only two squadrons in one hex).

Paul


Return to “Starmada: Fleet Operations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest