Conversions from NOVA to FO

ericphillips
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Conversions from NOVA to FO

Postby ericphillips » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:23 pm

I am trying to do some conversions of my Nova edition ships into Fleet Ops version. Many of the conversions are easy, but I cannot figure how to convert the weapons to FO versions from Nova. Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

THX

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Conversions from NOVA to FO

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:13 pm

I do not know if Dan has any plans for Nova>SFO conversion instructions.

If you have only designed the ships in Nova you could try to convert the weapons to Admiralty edition using the AE to Nova weapons part of "shipyard nova", altering the AE stats/traits until it shows the correct BAS/Nova Traits.

You should already have the number of weapons. The full arcs conversion is with the Nova Arcs graphic (again with shipyard nova) so by then you will have the AE stats for the batteries.

If you enter the AE weapons stats in "The Shipyard" (for Admiralty Edition) it will give the SFO details, or you could enter the full AE ship for a ready done SFO stat card.

Sorry it is a long way around but quicker than it sounds.
The Shipyard and Shipyard Nova are in the Starmada Files.

Paul

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:13 pm

I have gone over this in the last few days and I can not see a direct conversion. The number of attack dice in nova seems to get larger in relation to the number of weapons as that number increases.
If you look at the AD in Nova and compare them to the same ships in SFO after a few AD the numbers diverge to a greater and greater extent.
The way I described may work but is a bit of a job. I do have a quick conversion for AD allocation, so you input the Nova AD and get the SFO allocation for F,PS and A arcs but it does not change the actual number of AD.

I will post it here just in case anyone may wish to take a look.
Nova to SFO AD allocation.zip
(3.2 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Paul
So let it be written, so let it be done.

ericphillips
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby ericphillips » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 pm

This is good stuff. I think even though Nova is faster, there still is a place for a fleet scale for those large, fun battles. Thanks guys, my brain is a working.

Return to “Starmada: Fleet Operations”