Launching fighters and combining into squadrons question

mikros

Launching fighters and combining into squadrons question

Postby mikros » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:45 am

Say a ship launches fighters on it's end phase, and intends to launch more fighters on it's next end phase to combine with the first group of fighters to form a single larger squadron.

Fighters deploy into an adjacent hex to the ship when launched. Now if the ship moves on its movement phase, do the fighters it launched first have to follow it and stop adjacent to it during the combat phase (which is when fighters move) so that the second fighter group it will launch at the next end phase can deploy into the same hex to join up with them as a squadron?

Or, I was thinking maybe as long as the groups moved together to join up as immediately as possible after the new group launches, before performing any other actions, that would be good enough?

To quote the rule, "Fighters may be added to an existing squadron when launched". Does the existing squadron have to be adjacent to the ship they are launched from to pick them up?

(and I'm guessing whatever the proper answer is would apply to drones also)

Hope that made sense, I should be sleeping... :)

Thanks! Jeff

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Launching fighters and combining into squadrons question

Postby mj12games » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 pm

mikros wrote:To quote the rule, "Fighters may be added to an existing squadron when launched". Does the existing squadron have to be adjacent to the ship they are launched from to pick them up?

Yes.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

Return to “Starmada: Fleet Operations”