Conversion question

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Conversion question

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:00 pm

I'm in the middle of converting my last few supplements and have come across a problem. In the 'Interregnum' supplement the Kestalnik is a hull 2 vessel with armour plating. As a result, I am unsure how to convert it. I see four options:

1) Convert as the conversion rules suggest (grouping two Kestalniks together), leaving the armour plating (so the Kestalnik woul have 3 SFO boxes)

2) As 1, but with the armour plating (4 SFO boxes)

3) As the Lohvalik's fighters are not present (as I decided to have independent fighters which are not supported), convert a single Kestalnik with armour plating (making a 2 SFO vessel, allowing the Lohvalik to have a relatively cheap unit)

4) A combination of 1/2 and 3

Which would be the 'correct' option to use to convert them? I'm tempted to go with 4 (3/2), 3, 2, 1 in that order of preference, but if either 3 or 2 are 'illegal', I'll go with the other option(s)
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Conversion question

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:26 am

If you put the ship into the shipyard you will get Hull 4 for SFO (including the armor plating).

Paul

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Conversion question

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Okay, thanks for that. I'm going to do a single and a dual version to try and give the Lohvalik some light unit...
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

Return to “Starmada: Fleet Operations”