New Spreadsheet

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
MarkSkarr

New Spreadsheet

Postby MarkSkarr » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Here's my first attempt at making a creator spreadsheet with export document. Can someone, more familiar with the game, give it a look-see? I can't find errors . . . but, I'm not as familiar with the game. Oh, and that ooze is what's left of my brain.

Right now the thrust is limited to a maximum of 10 (as is ECM), due to Font-based limitations. And, right now, there's only room for four weapons. Speaking of fonts, I also used a dice-font, and, after I started using it, I realized that not everone would have it. So, shields may not be as interesting for some people.

For dual-mode weapons, the spreadsheet assumes (and its error checking is minimal, at best) a dual-mode weapon is part of the previous weapon battery above it.

The Data sheet is "hidden" and the document is protected, but there are no passwords (I protect my sheets to keep me from, foolishly, deleting all my formulas).

ETA: WHOOPS! Upon reading the rules a bit more in-depth, I discovered (probably common knowledge here on the fora) that the various damage modifiers are not exclusive (Cts, Dx2, Dx3, Vtl). So, um, went and fixed that. My bad. New version is loaded.
ETA2: Heh. Helps when you remove "Locked" from your new fields.
Attachments
Starmada Creator.zip
Version 1.1, now with fewer typos!
(37.34 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

omega40k
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: New Spreadsheet

Postby omega40k » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:05 pm

I like it. border lines missing in spots and I'd like to be able to assign multiple types of drones and fighters to a ship. But it is simpler to use then the official one. And I like that it's simpler to use.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:18 am

omega40k wrote:I like it. border lines missing in spots and I'd like to be able to assign multiple types of drones and fighters to a ship. But it is simpler to use then the official one. And I like that it's simpler to use.

And your thoughts on Shipyard Nova?
I like to know what people think.

Paul

omega40k
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby omega40k » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:14 pm

OldnGrey wrote:
omega40k wrote:I like it. border lines missing in spots and I'd like to be able to assign multiple types of drones and fighters to a ship. But it is simpler to use then the official one. And I like that it's simpler to use.

And your thoughts on Shipyard Nova?
I like to know what people think.

Paul

It's good, far better then the AE Shipyard. But, I'm not a fan of it. I dislike that I have to piece together the sheet. I was a big fan of Paul Polter's AE ship builder because all I had to do was input the numbers and hit 'print'. Also I liked that it could be printed out as a single page which I could then slide into clear page protectors, and using either dry-erase or grease pencil or some such marker. I could keep using the same sheets over and over.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:49 am

omega40k wrote:It's good, far better then the AE Shipyard. But, I'm not a fan of it. I dislike that I have to piece together the sheet. I was a big fan of Paul Polter's AE ship builder because all I had to do was input the numbers and hit 'print'. Also I liked that it could be printed out as a single page which I could then slide into clear page protectors, and using either dry-erase or grease pencil or some such marker. I could keep using the same sheets over and over.

I think you will find that most people printed out their AE ships as a single page and those which did not want to use the options just defined the print region to cover the original style data card on the starmada sheet.
If you do not mind wasting space and have limits on the ship stats, you only have to piece together the ship details and weapons the once and set up the print area so you have one ship per sheet.
If I am using small ships I find it better to have up to five or six on one sheet of paper but that is just my preference.
Options presented since the core rules result in different data card styles so like the rules it is a construction kit. :)
Paul

omega40k
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby omega40k » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:25 pm

OldnGrey wrote: I think you will find that most people printed out their AE ships as a single page and those which did not want to use the options just defined the print region to cover the original style data card on the starmada sheet.
If you do not mind wasting space and have limits on the ship stats, you only have to piece together the ship details and weapons the once and set up the print area so you have one ship per sheet.
If I am using small ships I find it better to have up to five or six on one sheet of paper but that is just my preference.
Options presented since the core rules result in different data card styles so like the rules it is a construction kit. :)
Paul

I understood that. That's why I didn't say anything before now.

Well that and I'm a lazy bum.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:59 pm

omega40k wrote:I understood that. That's why I didn't say anything before now.

Well that and I'm a lazy bum.

:lol:
Anyway, thanks for the thoughts.
I do not get a lot of people tell me what they actually think of the spreadsheets.

Paul

Return to “Files”