Starmada Nova Vassal

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Starmada Nova Vassal

Postby madpax » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:59 pm

I downloaded and opened the new module, but I'm unable to have the same infos as you (in the example). I'm just able to enter name, class and stat. I can see many entries, but none allows me to include infos.
How do I have the small boxes, for example?

Marc

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:51 pm

madpax wrote:I downloaded and opened the new module, but I'm unable to have the same infos as you (in the example). I'm just able to enter name, class and stat. I can see many entries, but none allows me to include infos.
How do I have the small boxes, for example?

Marc

"Right click" to the right of the item that you want to add boxes to, this has to be as far right as the text box for name/class.
A box will open with 0/0 in it. The first 0 is the number of filled in boxes and the second is the total number of boxes wanted on that line. If you put 2/5 for example there will be five boxes with the first two filled in.

Paul

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:03 pm

I should add that in editing the module click through to the ships and when you open a ship highlight the graphic and then right click to see the ship options open the ship data and enter the details as you can in the game. When you close it and ok the ship the data will be saved.
Maybe time for another pdf. :?

Paul

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 pm

It works.. fine!
I didn't have the '(0/0) right click' to edit at first.
If I Understand well, I have to type '#damaged boxes/#undamaged boxes' when it asks for 0/0?
That way, when a ship is damaged, you just have to modify the value, for example 2/4 instead of 0/4 if it was hit twice?

Marc

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:30 pm

madpax wrote:It works.. fine!
I didn't have the '(0/0) right click' to edit at first.
If I Understand well, I have to type '#damaged boxes/#undamaged boxes' when it asks for 0/0?
That way, when a ship is damaged, you just have to modify the value, for example 2/4 instead of 0/4 if it was hit twice?

Marc

Once you have the boxes shown (all empty unless ship is damaged at the start of the game) you do not have to right click them again. A left click will fill/empty the boxes.

Paul

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:48 pm

That's really great!!!

Marc

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:56 pm

I have put a one page pdf reminder of how to edit the ship data at the beginning of this thread just in case anyone needs it.
madpax wrote:Are you a magician?

Marc

A regular Mr. Scott, excuse me, warp drive is on the blink :D

Paul

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:54 pm

I'm currently playing (via Pbem) using vassal and it works fine. Except that sometimes, the ctrl F (indicating that the ship/fighter fired) doesn't work for every ship. Some yes, others no. We do not understand why...
Also, some times ago, when we moved things on the mapboard, there was a string indicating the path made by the ship. Now, it doesn't appear anymore. Not a big problem, but it helped indicating which ship moved. Now we have to use the 'activate reverse Course' etc.

Whatever, it's a great module!

Marc

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi Marc,
Need a little bit more information.
The ship fired marker should show for all ships. I suspect that some of the larger ships may be covering it depending on the direction that they are pointing in. The markers do not rotate with the ship (although I could make them do so if you do not mind their being upside down at times :D ). Another option is to have the marker on top of the ship graphic. Move the marker further from the center of the hex or I could change the marker for say a red circle?

Edit: Tried with marker on top of ship and rotating with ship direction, does not look bad.

If it really is only certain ships please list them so that I can take a look at the individuals.

The path string is fairly dim when the ship is no longer selected (try looking with brightness up a bit to see if it really has gone). This is another thing which could be changed to be made brighter. Is there still a "ball" in the center of the hex where the ship has stoped for any reason (like to change direction)? If so the line is still there but just too dim.

Anyone else have some thoughts on this with regard changes?
Forgot, Have you updated Vassal at all, it is possible that the latest version may not like older modules though I would not swear to that, just seem to have seen that somewhere.
Paul

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm

OldnGrey wrote:If it really is only certain ships please list them so that I can take a look at the individuals.

Hi Paul.
Well, at first it was the Empire Light Cruiser. The Fired marker doesn't show at all. Then I took another one from the pieces, tried to toggle the fired and it worked. I really don't know why. And now, I try other ships we use in the battle, Empire and Hegemony, and I have the same result, no Fired is showing.

The path string is fairly dim when the ship is no longer selected (try looking with brightness up a bit to see if it really has gone). This is another thing which could be changed to be made brighter. Is there still a "ball" in the center of the hex where the ship has stoped for any reason (like to change direction)? If so the line is still there but just too dim.

Ok, but activating the 'movde' order is also very interesting. Not seeing the string is not really a problem.

Forgot, Have you updated Vassal at all, it is possible that the latest version may not like older modules though I would not swear to that, just seem to have seen that somewhere.
Paul

I play with the latest vassal. I will have to ask my opponent.

Marc

Return to “Files”