Shipyard Nova

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
omega40k
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: Shipyard Nova

Postby omega40k » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Anyway to get a version of the shipyard without the star trek armada content. Cause I don't have the klingon/romulan armada books and don't intend to buy them. Not that I dislike the star trek. Only interested in the nova core book and any potential supplemental rules books that aren't faction books.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:07 am

omega40k wrote:Anyway to get a version of the shipyard without the star trek armada content. Cause I don't have the klingon/romulan armada books and don't intend to buy them. Not that I dislike the star trek. Only interested in the nova core book and any potential supplemental rules books that aren't faction books.

There are only four things in the ship construction that are star trek universe related, everything else is Core rules related.
The SFU Ship? Yes/No can just be left at default which is No.
You could just Change the ink/background to blot out ESG, Web and Stinger. Plus delete the data card block which has "Overload" for weapon mode 2.

Most of the SFU rules revolve around the stats for entering the weapon systems and slightly different ship calculation for the directional defences (done in the background for all SFU ships). But there again, directional defences are in the core rules. If you feel really strongly about it you could simply cut out the ESG, Web and Stinger cells. Sorry, the changes were so small I did not think a de-SFU'd version would be needed.

Paul

omega40k
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby omega40k » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Oh, ok. I saw that their were station weapon arcs as well as a bunch of extra weapon arcs and didn't know if they were from the klingon/romulan armada and didn't know if there were special rules around them or what the construction modifiers were.

but in that case disregard request.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:41 am

omega40k wrote:Oh, ok. I saw that their were station weapon arcs as well as a bunch of extra weapon arcs and didn't know if they were from the klingon/romulan armada and didn't know if there were special rules around them or what the construction modifiers were.

but in that case disregard request.

The "Station Arcs" were introduced in Klingon/Romulan Armada books. Like the arcs on my additional sheet they were not in the Core rules book because Dan did not want to confuse new players with loads of possible arcs.
They are not exclusive to stations and there are no special rules to use them. The Nova arcs and their modifiers are on the ship sheet from cell U139 to U186.
Hope that you will find the spreadsheet of some use. Any questions ask away I look in most days.

Paul

TeknoMerk
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby TeknoMerk » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:20 pm

Hi Paul,

Before I start a new campaign (this time with SNE), I wanted to make a few changes to the Shipyard Nova 20141003WL ship builder. Here is my wishlist:

a. add weapon range 36
b. add weapon trait "Penetrating" [Pen], which has the same cost as "Piercing" but has an armor penetrating ability.

I see the table of weapon ranges on the Ship sheet, but is there any where else I need to adjust?

In the same area the Weapon Traits seems easy enough to add to, but then I could not figure out a way to add the new weapon trait to the Battery calc tables to the left without messing up the other surrounding tables. Adding a weapon trait is a bit intimidating for me.

Do you have any suggestions or alternate sheet designs I can try?

Thanks.
<> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= <>

TeknoMerk

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:11 am

TeknoMerk wrote:Hi Paul,
I see the table of weapon ranges on the Ship sheet, but is there any where else I need to adjust?

In the same area the Weapon Traits seems easy enough to add to, but then I could not figure out a way to add the new weapon trait to the Battery calc tables to the left without messing up the other surrounding tables. Adding a weapon trait is a bit intimidating for me.

Do you have any suggestions or alternate sheet designs I can try?

Thanks.

As well as the ship sheet you have to change the details on the weapon sheet. Weapon traits are used from the weapon sheet columns AE and AF for 20141003WL. If the traits are added to then the weapon trait choices need to have their validity source changed for each weapon line. Of course the ship card needs to be able to show the new range too. Not too hard, just takes a bit of time to do. So....... play with this and let me know if it is ok.
Shipyard Nova 20141003WLTech.zip
Range to 36, Penetrating
(74.31 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Paul
So let it be written, so let it be done.

TeknoMerk
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby TeknoMerk » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:11 pm

Oh wow! Thank you, Paul! Those changes work great.

I thought I also had to modify Ship.C142-H152 that lists weapon traits. What is that used for? I tried (for the first time) Tools->Detective>Trace dependents and got no dependency. It was that section that worried me w.r.t. modifications. Will the lack of "Penetrating" in those Battery columns impact another feature? Just wondering.

Thank you, again.
David

TeknoMerk

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:39 pm

TeknoMerk wrote:I thought I also had to modify Ship.C142-H152 that lists weapon traits. What is that used for? I tried (for the first time) Tools->Detective>Trace dependents and got no dependency. It was that section that worried me w.r.t. modifications. Will the lack of "Penetrating" in those Battery columns impact another feature? Just wondering.

The WL version evolved from the previous version of shipyard nova which did not have a weapons sheet.
I shifted the available trait list on the WL version to the weapon sheet so Ship.C142-H152 can be ignored.

Paul

TeknoMerk
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby TeknoMerk » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:32 pm

OldnGrey wrote:
TeknoMerk wrote:I thought I also had to modify Ship.C142-H152 that lists weapon traits. What is that used for? I tried (for the first time) Tools->Detective>Trace dependents and got no dependency. It was that section that worried me w.r.t. modifications. Will the lack of "Penetrating" in those Battery columns impact another feature? Just wondering.

The WL version evolved from the previous version of shipyard nova which did not have a weapons sheet.
I shifted the available trait list on the WL version to the weapon sheet so Ship.C142-H152 can be ignored.

Paul

Excellent! Thank you, Paul. Now, I will merge in my Tech Level changes and custom ship card items, then this file will be ready for my campaign.

TeknoMerk

TimothyHD

Can't get it to work

Postby TimothyHD » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:22 pm

If I edit the thrust or hull values I get #value errors. It is not calculating the O/D/CRT values, so I don't get an overall value. Very confused.

Return to “Files”