Shipyard Nova

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Shipyard Nova

Postby OldnGrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 pm

Included:
Uncut version of Shipyard Nova (includes SAE weapon conversion and a few things I am using)
Arc reminder includes ABC, ADB, CEF & DEF as PX, SX, XP & XS to make conversions a bit easier.
My OnGsheet1 truetype font which goes with the spreadsheet.
Font chart in pdf form.
Shipyard Nova_20141004.zip
Arcs TP & TS added
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 304 times

Nova Data cards.zip
(388.41 KiB) Downloaded 719 times

Paul
Last edited by OldnGrey on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 45 times in total.
So let it be written, so let it be done.

Nomad
Commander
Commander

Re: Shipyard Nova

Postby Nomad » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 pm

It uses hex for thrust > 10! I like it!

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Nomad wrote:It uses hex for thrust > 10! I like it!

?

Should be ok to thrust 14, above that you will not get much more than an engine.

Paul

Nomad
Commander
Commander

Postby Nomad » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:06 am

Just meant that on the output / card sheet for a ship with thrust 12, it displayed undamaged thrust as "C", which is hexadecimal for 12. This pleased me.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:41 am

See what you mean, OK so who did not install the font? ;)

When I was testing different designs I found that above thrust 14 was a bit pointless (apart from leaving the board PDQ) so I did not carry on the font icons beyond 14.

Gremlins struck! :shock:
Been using the sheet all afternoon and now the hull & armor vanished from one of the data card layouts. I have just replaced it (20120324).

Paul

RobinStirzaker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby RobinStirzaker » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:43 am

Paul,

Excellent work as always.

Would it be possible to add a place, like there was on the SAE sheet, to list all the weapons a race uses and all their fighters so they can then be selected by dropdown to avoid having to reenter the data for each ship class?

Thanks

Robin
Robin

RobinStirzaker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby RobinStirzaker » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:33 am

Paul,

Just been playing around with this and found a glitch. I added two types of fighter to a ship and in the Systems box on the Card tab it showed that all of my flights were of the first type, rather than 4 of one type and 1 of the other.

Thanks

Robin
Robin

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:18 pm

RobinStirzaker wrote:Paul,

Excellent work as always.

Would it be possible to add a place, like there was on the SAE sheet, to list all the weapons a race uses and all their fighters so they can then be selected by dropdown to avoid having to reenter the data for each ship class?

Thanks

Robin

It would with a re-write, the shipyard got to the stage that it was bloated, I wanted to keep this new one simple for new players. Not that there will not be when the completely finished, set in stone, book goes to print.
RobinStirzaker wrote:Just been playing around with this and found a glitch. I added two types of fighter to a ship and in the Systems box on the Card tab it showed that all of my flights were of the first type, rather than 4 of one type and 1 of the other.

Thanks

Robin

Just knew I should not have gone overboard with options aand stuck with one type of Drone and one type of fighter. :)
Not a glitch, more of a Dilemma, how different to the official builder should I make it. I would prefer to have "Fighter T1, Fighter T2" etc instead of "Carrier" but it would be a change from the rule book. Should I even be offering more options than the official builder?
This is an addition that I can and will add.

Reasonable requests for additions and "Clean" suggestions are welcome.
Anyone wish to speak up now, before I revise the sheet?

Paul

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:27 pm

RobinStirzaker wrote:Paul,

Just been playing around with this and found a glitch. I added two types of fighter to a ship and in the Systems box on the Card tab it showed that all of my flights were of the first type, rather than 4 of one type and 1 of the other.

Thanks

Robin

Curious, How are you going to show the different types on the board? T1 through T5?

Paul

RobinStirzaker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby RobinStirzaker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:25 pm

I would either use counters with different images on them, or different models if using miniatures, so it should be easy enough to keep track of which are which.

I am also thinking of historical wet navy ships where you would have fighters and attack aircraft of various types (at least until aircraft became multi-role).
Robin

Return to “Files”