Nova Spreadsheet

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
Nomad
Commander
Commander
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Nova Spreadsheet

Postby Nomad » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Hey all,

Whipped up a little spreadsheet for Nova shipbuilding. It isn't pretty... but it is within 48 hours of the release :P.
Fields that the user fills are in green, while a few important output fields are in blue.
Supports up to 6 weapons, 7 banks and 7 traits per weapon. Doesn't enforce range-based trait limitations as thoroughly as it could, but does support the legal pairs of ranged traits. Also doesn't support dual-mode weapons yet; those are going to be a beast if I decide to build them.

OpenOffice .ods and .xls versions are both included. Happy building, and please report bugs (I think they're in there somewhere...).
Attachments
NovaBuilder7Apr12.zip
Added pinpoint, tractor beam pricing
(43.64 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
Last edited by Nomad on Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:13 am, edited 5 times in total.

jwpacker
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Nova Spreadsheet

Postby jwpacker » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:21 pm

You're a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks for all but ensuring that I get no work done today, and yet still look like I'm being productive...

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1230
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Re: Nova Spreadsheet

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Had one for ages but details have kept changing, just waiting for final details before it can be finished.
Will probably take out all of the "Extras" except SAE weapons to Nova weapons before I post it.

Extras being little things like KEB for VBAM ships, Faceted shields (my version) optional layouts and icon option using my latest font. You know, usual stuff. :)

Paul

graydo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: northern Minnesota

Re: Nova Spreadsheet

Postby graydo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:33 pm

I must say I miss faceted shields. Especially as used in the Trek Universe material.

Marauder
Commander
Commander
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:40 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Nova Spreadsheet

Postby Marauder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:33 pm

jwpacker wrote:You're a gentleman and a scholar! Thanks for all but ensuring that I get no work done today, and yet still look like I'm being productive...


Lol, so true :D

Nomad
Commander
Commander
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: Nova Spreadsheet

Postby Nomad » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks all. Minor update for the x1.67 DRAT change mentioned on the DryDock thread.

And OldnGrey, I wholeheartedly look forward to a Nova version of the Shipyard! This is just a quick hack for those who want to play this weekend :P.

Edit: erp, re-fixed my fix to DRAT.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1230
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Re: Nova Spreadsheet

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Nomad wrote:Thanks all. Minor update for the x1.67 DRAT change mentioned on the DryDock thread.

And OldnGrey, I wholeheartedly look forward to a Nova version of the Shipyard! This is just a quick hack for those who want to play this weekend :P.

Edit: erp, re-fixed my fix to DRAT.

I do not consider it a "hack" but a work under way.
The more people that make spreadsheets the easier it is to see things missed and better for all in the end.
I notice that you included the range trait combinations.
I suggested before that the chart on page 46 be deleted. It makes silly combinations like Ballistic (No short range) and Scatter (most effective at short range) :lol:
I think that I am only waiting for the Tractor Beam stats and to find a way of adding decent size check boxes to text in the same cells to match the example output. I get the feeling dan cheated some way with the ones for Marines and Mines in the example. Two sets of cells for each expendable?

Paul

Nomad
Commander
Commander
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: Nova Spreadsheet

Postby Nomad » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:36 am

OldnGrey wrote:
Nomad wrote:Thanks all. Minor update for the x1.67 DRAT change mentioned on the DryDock thread.

And OldnGrey, I wholeheartedly look forward to a Nova version of the Shipyard! This is just a quick hack for those who want to play this weekend :P.

Edit: erp, re-fixed my fix to DRAT.

I do not consider it a "hack" but a work under way.
The more people that make spreadsheets the easier it is to see things missed and better for all in the end.
I notice that you included the range trait combinations.
I suggested before that the chart on page 46 be deleted. It makes silly combinations like Ballistic (No short range) and Scatter (most effective at short range) :lol:
I think that I am only waiting for the Tractor Beam stats and to find a way of adding decent size check boxes to text in the same cells to match the example output. I get the feeling dan cheated some way with the ones for Marines and Mines in the example. Two sets of cells for each expendable?

Paul


That's true, about more implementations providing better coverage. It was nice of Dan to provide the Drydock as a reference implementation; made figuring out the x1.67 DRAT behavior much easier.
And yeah, I did include them. Not sure if they'll stay a thing or not; not hugely concerned.
Hmm... dunno. Formatting not my thing :P. I'm plenty happy with just a numerical count that I can keep a tally next to. I'm particularly curious to see a Drake-like text-only notation developed; should be pretty easy, but it would give me a standard to use without having to get all graphical.

Also, some upgrades - fixed a bug where traits for Weapon 2 weren't displaying correctly, added range of weapons to the output (d'oh), and cleaned up the display of special equipment on the bottom of the output section.
Last edited by Nomad on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diddimus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Nova Spreadsheet

Postby diddimus » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 am

Is it possible to update the original post file? I think I just downloaded version 1 and started using it before I saw the other post.

Cheers.

Thanks for posting this so quickly, it at least gets me started on figuring out my own conversions/new ways to design my B5 ships.

Nomad
Commander
Commander
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Re: Nova Spreadsheet

Postby Nomad » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Oops! Sure thing. My bad; it was Stupid-O'Clock when I uploaded.


Return to “Files”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest