Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1230
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby OldnGrey » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:02 am

Pinecone wrote:How does one do that?

When the file is downloaded it is shown as a compressed (zipped) folder. This is true for most if not all downloads here.
With windows, right click the file and the third option is usually "Extract All...", Left click this and the file will be copied to the same location as a normal folder. The spreadsheet in this new folder is the one to use.

There are programmes to compress (zip) and uncompress (unzip) most any type of file. One such is winzip but I use 7-zip which is a free programme from 7-zip.org

Paul

Pinecone
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby Pinecone » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:33 am

Got it, thanks a bunch! :D

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1230
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:45 pm

Spreadsheet updated with latest amendment for Long/Short range weapon traits.
Both to x1.5 (as per todays thread reply).

Latest spreadsheet 20120809.

Paul

Uncle_Joe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:27 am

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby Uncle_Joe » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:33 pm

I think I've spotted an error in the spreadsheet, but my Excel-Fu is pretty weak so I might not be understanding something.

But to me, it looks like the ORat and calculations for Marines/Mines/Tractor beams seem to be off. They look like they are referencing the row ABOVE the desired row (ie, your ORat for Mines is keyed off of how many Marines you have etc).

Also, are the Hospital/Cargo etc (Campaign specific components I imagine) supposed to be 133 SUs? That seems like an odd number to have chosen for them.

Anyways, please let me know on the ORat calc!

Thanks!

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1230
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:25 pm

Uncle_Joe wrote:I think I've spotted an error in the spreadsheet, but my Excel-Fu is pretty weak so I might not be understanding something.

But to me, it looks like the ORat and calculations for Marines/Mines/Tractor beams seem to be off. They look like they are referencing the row ABOVE the desired row (ie, your ORat for Mines is keyed off of how many Marines you have etc).

Thank you for spotting this error. :oops: I have never had Excel-Fu maybe one day I'll get a book on it. :)

Uncle_Joe wrote:Also, are the Hospital/Cargo etc (Campaign specific components I imagine) supposed to be 133 SUs? That seems like an odd number to have chosen for them.

That came from the Starmada AE to SFO conversion where 133 SU = 1 SFO Cargo "Unit" (although AE figures get rounded)
Cargo and other auxiliary services are not normally a part of SFO ship construction but were requested through the forum. They play no part in normal Starmada games but can be used for some scenarios and where the ships are used in campaigns.

I have corrected the spreadsheet and posted it again (20120809_2)

I'd just like to say sorry to everyone that has been using this spreadsheet. :(
Paul

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:56 am

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:00 am

That might explain why, when I was using your spreadsheet to write out the conversion, I had to sometimes adjust the CRat...
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1230
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby OldnGrey » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:07 am

murtalianconfederacy wrote:That might explain why, when I was using your spreadsheet to write out the conversion, I had to sometimes adjust the CRat...

Why did you not say so?
I always ask to be let know if anything seems wrong with the spreadsheets. I do not mind checking if I have missed something or in this case made a stupid mistake.
Or if Gremlins get in the system when moving bits around!
Sometimes I just do not see something no matter how much I look and I admit that I can make mistakes.

Please if anyone suspects something is wrong pipe up and say so. (I'll just put it down to my medications and failing eyesight :) )

Paul

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:56 am

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:58 am

Because, previously, when I've used spreadsheets to design ships I've already done via P+P, they've had a different CRat value, and the difference was always in the range of 1 or so, so when I inputted the values into your spreadsheet I simply assumed it was just another case of the spreadsheet having rounded in a different way.
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1230
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:29 pm

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby OldnGrey » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:25 pm

murtalianconfederacy wrote:Because, previously, when I've used spreadsheets to design ships I've already done via P+P, they've had a different CRat value, and the difference was always in the range of 1 or so, so when I inputted the values into your spreadsheet I simply assumed it was just another case of the spreadsheet having rounded in a different way.

I guess if the difference was low it might have looked like rounding issues.
If I have got things right you should not have to make adjustments.
It just bugs me when I make a mistake. Even more so if I can not see it. :roll:

Paul

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:56 am

Re: Fleet Ops Spreadsheet

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:16 am

OldnGrey wrote:I guess if the difference was low it might have looked like rounding issues.
If I have got things right you should not have to make adjustments.
It just bugs me when I make a mistake. Even more so if I can not see it. :roll:

Paul


Hey, I'm the same way--whenever I have to make some errata because I was too quick in writing out something, or I missed something in my copy-paste, it bugs me too--especially if its been sixteen months or so before I find it... :(
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)


Return to “Files”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest