Shipyard Latest

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Shipyard Latest

Postby OldnGrey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:11 pm

kehrer1701 wrote:Hello, new to this spreadsheet.
Does it use Macros? I will be using Office 2008 for Mac (which doesn't have that). If it doens't use that, I'm good.
Also, upon open, I get a pop up warning:

This workbook contains defined names that conflict with valid cell references. To correct this issue, underscores (_) have been added to the defined names that conflict with the cell references. Conflicting names in XLM macro code have not been changed, and must be corrected manuall.

This has happened before, If you save and re-open the sheet the warnings should go away (I think it is due to the stupid number of cells that excel gives the sheet when first opened.)
No Macros at all.
If you use the SFO conversion stats don't forget to change Template cell T98 to Y.
If you have any problems, ask away.

Paul

kehrer1701
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby kehrer1701 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.
So just save it again over top of itself?

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:06 pm

kehrer1701 wrote:Thanks for your quick reply.
So just save it again over top of itself?

Yes, that is what Marc did, still as a .xls file.
This is not unique to the shipyard, a number of spreadsheets have had the error report pop up when first opened with post 2003 excel. How it "fixes" them is a mystery to me, perhaps when it saves the file it records the actual spread of required cells. Then when it is re-opened the excess (thousands) cells are ignored.

Paul

kehrer1701
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby kehrer1701 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:11 pm

thx

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:15 pm

kehrer1701 wrote:thx

Your welcome, let me know how you get on with the shipyard.

Paul

Jeffr0
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Jeffr0 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:19 pm

OpenOffice on Linux seems to be operating correctly-- at least... after I figured out that the tech levels needed to all be set to zero...! :mrgreen:

Does the program convert the record sheet into a text representation-- Drake notation, I think it's called?

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:03 am

Jeffr0 wrote:OpenOffice on Linux seems to be operating correctly-- at least... after I figured out that the tech levels needed to all be set to zero...! :mrgreen:

Does the program convert the record sheet into a text representation-- Drake notation, I think it's called?

That's weird, all of the tech levels (in Orange cells) are pre set to 0 (with Tech Range set at 2).
Yes the "Text" sheet is the Drake Notation.

Paul

Jeffr0
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby Jeffr0 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Ah, yes.... I see it. That works as well. However... the dropdown selections do not work in the Numbers spreadsheet that came on my Mac. Looks like I'll have to install Open Office there....

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:00 pm

Jeffr0 wrote:Ah, yes.... I see it. That works as well. However... the dropdown selections do not work in the Numbers spreadsheet that came on my Mac. Looks like I'll have to install Open Office there....

Sorry, that is one spreadsheet prog that I know absolutely nothing about. :(
That would mean entering selections yourself, a bit of a pain.

Still, Open Office is quite good (and free :D ). It has had a few glitches in the past but I have had no trouble with 3.3 since it was released.

If you have any problem using the shipyard with that let me know.
Paul

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:54 am

OldnGrey wrote:
madpax wrote:I'd like to ask one thing: In the special ship box, where is listed the ship special traits (carrier, fire control, etc...), is it possible to remove the faceted (there is already the small table where the faceted values are wrote), and add the drone and fighters carried?

Marc

Which one?

The first one (C40) would be fine.

Is it a Klingon Armada style "Specials" box that you require? If so i will add one to the next version.

Yes, please.

Marc

Return to “Files”