Shipyard Latest

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Shipyard Latest

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:27 pm

mikeaxe wrote:11th July!! but that's...that's ..... eleven days away!!!

And to think I could have whiled away the time halving my doubled damage but oh no not now ;) .

I would not like to deprive you of the pleasure, I could change it back if you wish :)

I have re-posted VFv53, glitch with the launch tubes/SFO.
VFv54 is a trial for comment. SFO choice of both Fighters and Drones.

Paul
Edit: VFv54 had glitch in SFO CRAT (when I changed the Fighters/Drones) VFv54 re-posted 1st July. :oops:

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:27 am

I did not change the Drake Notation (Text sheet) to update it to that in the rules annex.
If you wish to do this please copy and paste the text below into Text sheet cell A1 on whichever version you are using.

="("&$Template.$U$5&") "&$Template.$F$4&" Class, "&$Nation.$B$5&" "&$Template.$F$5&", "&$Template.$C$3

This will be in the next version posted.

Paul
So let it be written, so let it be done.

RobinStirzaker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby RobinStirzaker » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:17 am

Paul,

There seems to be an issue with the SFO weapons display at the bottom of the Template tab.

While it shows the range and traits for the weapons, it is not showing the AD.
For battery V it is ignoring weapons in the left most column of arc selections, for battery W onwards it is ignoring all weapons.
Robin

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:02 pm

RobinStirzaker wrote:Paul,

There seems to be an issue with the SFO weapons display at the bottom of the Template tab.

While it shows the range and traits for the weapons, it is not showing the AD.
For battery V it is ignoring weapons in the left most column of arc selections, for battery W onwards it is ignoring all weapons.

Well, I have tried but cannot get it to do that. With one exception; making the SFO weapons for Excel (I use OpenOffice).
Can you post a screen shot of the weapons on the Nation sheet and the weapon input at the top of the Template sheet.

Without something to give me a clue all I could do is post the shipyard again (with a new VF number and date so as not to confuse).
Anyone else having this problem? If so what spreadsheet prog?

A note about the shipyard from VFv54 onwards regarding Fighters/Drones in the SFO choice. By the book choose one or the other by entering the number required. If you are converting a Carrier from Armada you may have to balance both.

Paul

RobinStirzaker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby RobinStirzaker » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Paul,

I have e-mailed you my sheet offline but if it is an OpenOffice/Excel arguement (I use Excel 2003 at present) then you won't see the problem so I will also email you screen shots as requested.
Robin

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:12 pm

Please note, For anyone using the shipyard with Excel and wanting the SFO conversion.

Please ensure that Template cell T98 is changed to Y.
Thanks.

Paul

RobinStirzaker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby RobinStirzaker » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks Paul

I completely forgot about that. Solved everything.
Robin

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:31 pm

I'd like to ask one thing: In the special ship box, where is listed the ship special traits (carrier, fire control, etc...), is it possible to remove the faceted (there is already the small table where the faceted values are wrote), and add the drone and fighters carried?

Marc

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:17 pm

madpax wrote:I'd like to ask one thing: In the special ship box, where is listed the ship special traits (carrier, fire control, etc...), is it possible to remove the faceted (there is already the small table where the faceted values are wrote), and add the drone and fighters carried?

Marc

Which one?
Starmada sheet A1-AC57 represents the original Starmada data card where fighters etc are not recorded and only appear as "Carrier". This is why I included "bits" to record any fighters etc on another sheet (or to be printed alongside / on the reverse of the ship data card).
This was before the change of data card layout with Klingon armada, which is why Faceted is shown there.
Is it a Klingon Armada style "Specials" box that you require? If so i will add one to the next version.

Paul

kehrer1701
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby kehrer1701 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:41 pm

Hello, new to this spreadsheet.
Does it use Macros? I will be using Office 2008 for Mac (which doesn't have that). If it doens't use that, I'm good.
Also, upon open, I get a pop up warning:

This workbook contains defined names that conflict with valid cell references. To correct this issue, underscores (_) have been added to the defined names that conflict with the cell references. Conflicting names in XLM macro code have not been changed, and must be corrected manuall.

Return to “Files”