A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Shipyard Latest

Postby OldnGrey » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:17 pm

v29 so whats different?

AFB fluff caused Ocr increase.
VBAM ships, now possible to create very small ships with cost 1 (Gunboats)(so long as SU is kept under 70).
Agile, Attack Boat and Fast VBAM campaign abilities.
Crew number added to Starmada sheet.

Paul

MadSeason
Captain
Captain

Postby MadSeason » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:25 pm

You rock, Paul!
Death is light as a feather; duty, heavy as a mountain.

MadSeason
Captain
Captain

Postby MadSeason » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 pm

Nevermind, I just discovered the Laser Batteries on the Nation page of v29 of the Shipyard are listed at 15 range. That explains the post I just deleted where everything was overcosted. They should be range 6. :)
Death is light as a feather; duty, heavy as a mountain.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:33 am

Latest version 31 (there was no 30, just a test)
What's new.
Ensured that weapons with Anti-Fighter and Starship Exclusive traits only count towards AS or AF as appropriate.
Q-Ship and Trade added.
Shipyard construction for VBAM (and anyone else that might want to give it a go.)

Please refer to latest guide for shipyard details.

Paul

Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 am

When I try to make a ship I get a #N/A error for the VBAM cost and for the campaign ability. After a quick look it seems to stem from the "Assault" characteristic (cell D203 Template sheet) not figuring correctly. Everything else seems to be showing up correctly and even adding the Assault trait it continues to say #N/A. Delete the contents of D203 and everything else plugs in as it should.
Cheers,
Erik
Edit: The Anti fighter calculation that I had problems with earlier (not filling in unless all batteries were filled in) has gone away. It still appears when I try an earlier version of the sheet , so I'll chalk it up to a bad sheet (the old one).
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:23 am

Oh Rats!
I cannot get it to do that. I wonder if it is J203 doing it?
Are there any other errors or #N/A showing up anywhere?
D203 should not make any difference but change cost increase in J203.

Please let me know.
Which spreadsheet prog did you use?
What ship details did you enter.

Please try this on a blank sheet.
Type anything (text) into cell A1.
in cell A2 put, IF(A1<>"";1;0)
Do you get a 1 in cell A2 and a 0 if you delete the contents of cell A1?
I wonder if it is the "empty cell syndrome".

One good thing came of this, I think that there is limit to how many "&" you can use in a cell! I swear that it was working yesterday but just nownot all of the campaign traits were being gathered together. No biggie, I'll split them in two and join the result together again. It is almost like these spreadsheets are AI's with a hangover :lol:

Paul

Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:09 am

Paul, I owe you an apology for causing you this headache. I downloaded the sheet again and everything worked fine. So, I went back to the sheet that I was having problems with. I looked at every cell referenced in that formula to trace the error. I found it in the fighter flights tally, specifically for the Dual mode fighters. As it turns out, I had deleted the Shorts/Shorts Striker example from the small craft sheet to fill in the fighters and strikers that I was going to use. I then forgot that it was in the Dual Mode Fighter portion of the Template Sheet. Because all of the data was deleted the whole thing became a mess of #N/As & they were feeding the assault trait formula. Deleted the Shorts/Striker and everything works. Once again, sorry for pestering you with things that were my fault.
Cheers,
Erik
Mark Twain.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:12 am

That's ok, just had me going around in circles for a couple of hours doing a minor re-write :lol:
When you say "because all the data was deleted", you did only delete the type name and set the number of flights "#" to 0?
All of the flight information including the SU cost is taken from the small craft sheet when the type name is chosen in cells D69,D70 etc. Perhaps I should enter a note there.

If there is a Devil I bet he makes computers! :twisted:

Paul

Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:43 am

OldnGrey wrote:When you say "because all the data was deleted", you did only delete the type name and set the number of flights "#" to 0?
l

Don't worry, I just delete all of the fighters/strikers/seekers et al that come with the small craft sheet and fill it in with the ones I'm going to use. Then I select them on the Template sheet, and I don't delete the cells that reference the small craft sheet. Usually I wipe the whole sheet clean as soon as I get it, removing all of the sample weapons, fighters, etc...but for some reason this time I forgot to remove the Dual mode fighter example from the template sheet and it really messed with me for a while! Oh, and I made the invasion of the green triangles go away by telling Excel to ignore the empty cell error altogether...it makes things a whole lot easier on the eyes.
Cheers,
Erik
Mark Twain.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:14 pm

Good, I bet loads of people have been driven nuts by little green triangles!

I only leave the fighters etc as examples from the rules (except perhaps the VBAM ones which are as per the rules and can be used as is).

Still I have made a few small changes just in case someone somewhere may possibly have a problem with the template. What I really do not get is you can test it for hours and everything is ok and then the next day there may be one thing not working as it should. :x

Hope that it works well now.
It might be nice to see how the parts on the Starmada sheet are being put together, standard style or fancy?

Paul
Last edited by OldnGrey on Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Files”