Shipyard Latest

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Shipyard Latest

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Paul, I downloaded version 22 this am and tested it and it is not filling out the boxes for Hull, Engines and shields on any of the displays on the "Starmada" sheet.
Erik
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:11 pm

Erik[/quote]
To some extent you pay via way of the engine requirement but atmospheric has never been an official part of Starmada.

Paul[/quote]
Thanks for adding this into the sheet. As I remember, the engine rating requirement for Atmospheric was added in VBAM:SE. I always preferred to use a SU cost of 15-20% to represent space wasted streamlining or special equipment used for landings. There are a plenty of examples of ships in sci-fi that don't zoom away like a rocket to reach orbit. Or, alternately ships like those in 2300 AD that use thrusters for atmospheric launch (thus zooming like a rocket), but could be some of the slowest tubs out there when it comes to spaceflight.
Thanks again for all the hard work.
Erik
Mark Twain.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:35 pm

Blacklancer99 wrote:Paul, I downloaded version 22 this am and tested it and it is not filling out the boxes for Hull, Engines and shields on any of the displays on the "Starmada" sheet.
Erik

My first thought was AAAAARRRGH
Then I downloaded it, extracted the shipyard from the zip file and tested it.
Know what ? It works. Please don't give me frights like that.
I can only suggest that it must have been a bad download. The template sheet would need to have been renamed.
Please download it again.Let me know how it goes.
Paul

Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:23 pm

I re-downloaded it and it works. Sorry for the scare :oops:
It might have been an odd OO3 problem. It seems very glitchy at times, for instance creating multiples of sheets within the workbook when I haven't copied anything. Most annoying when you are entering data and it is not going where you thought it was! Thanks again.
Erik
Mark Twain.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:49 pm

New versions of the shipyard and How to pdf uploaded. V24 &v14.
Optional dual mode weapon with a single mode having ammo.
Optional system/equipment damage.
Optional Combat endurance for fighters.
A couple of minor adjustments.

Let me know how it goes.

Paul

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Optional Equipment damage change.
Repairable system (once only) indicated by a ®.
If you do not wish to use this please delete the ® from the equipment list on the tables sheet.
Regeneration get 3 repairable hits (roll for any damage when hull is rolled for.)

Paul

Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:59 pm

Paul, it seems like the VBAM AF stat is only calculating if every battery has a weapon in it (Just a weapon type; it doesn't seem to need anything in arcs). I recently upgraded from OO3 to Excel 2008 for Mac, and thought that might be the reason, but it appears to do the same thing in OO. I seem to remember this popping up with an older version of the sheet, but I hadn't noticed it in a while.
Cheers,
Erik
Mark Twain.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:22 am

Blacklancer99 wrote:Paul, it seems like the VBAM AF stat is only calculating if every battery has a weapon in it (Just a weapon type; it doesn't seem to need anything in arcs). I recently upgraded from OO3 to Excel 2008 for Mac, and thought that might be the reason, but it appears to do the same thing in OO. I seem to remember this popping up with an older version of the sheet, but I hadn't noticed it in a while.
Cheers,
Erik

I have tried to re-create this problem but cannot. Works fine with just one battery or no batteries and only AFB.
(Do not forget that a battery gets +1 AF if a battery has the anti-fighter trait even before the arcs are entered.)

Template cell AL116 is one of those that would not work when I upgraded to Oo3.0 and had to insert the ISBLANK in several places.

Does Excel 2008 treat blank cells in a different way?

I know this may seem like a silly question, but did you save the file using Excel 2008? Spreadsheet progs do have a tendency to save things as they deem that they should be. I have read that Oo3.0 does that too, so that some times a spreadsheet does not work but if saved in another format and then re-opened it does. Why exactly is beyond me.
Sometimes I think that upgrading is like taking a step to the left and one back!

Try putting this into AL116 on the template sheet.
=ROUNDDOWN($AS$210+((($J$15*$AU$91)+($J$23*$AU$92)+($J$31*$AU$93)+($J$39*$AU$94)+($J$47*$AU$95))/5);0)
Let me know how it goes.
Paul

Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:41 am

I think part of the formula you posted is missing.
It seems to me after looking a little closer that the problem is the way Excel is handling the blank spaces. If the ROF field is blank for any of the batteries the calculation returns a Value error. Specifically, it says that a value in this formula is of the wrong data type. I couldn't find anything in the precedents set to text, and I changed everything from general to number, and still I get the same problem.
It's not a huge thing, and its probably strange artifact of the conversion form excel/oo3, and truth be told it's not nearly as annoying as the 7 quadrillion green triangles Excel has decided it has to plaster across the shipyard :x
Thanks anyway.
Erik
Mark Twain.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:24 am

Blacklancer99 wrote:I think part of the formula you posted is missing.
It seems to me after looking a little closer that the problem is the way Excel is handling the blank spaces. If the ROF field is blank for any of the batteries the calculation returns a Value error. Specifically, it says that a value in this formula is of the wrong data type. I couldn't find anything in the precedents set to text, and I changed everything from general to number, and still I get the same problem.
It's not a huge thing, and its probably strange artifact of the conversion form excel/oo3, and truth be told it's not nearly as annoying as the 7 quadrillion green triangles Excel has decided it has to plaster across the shipyard :x
Thanks anyway.
Erik

Some of the formula was "missing", it was from an old version (recently cleaned out quite a few versions), just wanted to see what may have caused the problem. I do not understand it, the ISBLANK in the version that you downloaded should have worked. Unless of course Micro(will try my best to muck things up)soft decided to change things in the 2008 version? I guess they must have if you have an attack of "the little green triangles". :roll:

I bet it would be the same for the Wardogs design sheet as well. :x

I did say that everyone should have kept a copy of Oo2.4, which could have been used independently.
Please tell me that you did not delete open Office.

Sorry, maybe someone could suggest a solution?
Paul

Edit: See file problem solved?

Return to “Files”