Shipyard Latest

A home for player-submitted files related to Starmada
ecs05norway

Re: Shipyard Latest

Postby ecs05norway » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:09 am

ecs05norway wrote:Tested this today in Excel 2013 and I'm getting repeated errors about an object named BBI1 conflicting with something else. I'll try to get the exact error message when I have another chance at my windows box.

The complete message: "The name, BBI1, either conflicts with a valid range reference or is invalid for Excel. The name has been replaced with _BBI1. You may need to manually update any references to this name used in VBA code or text arguments in functions."

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:45 pm

ecs05norway wrote:
ecs05norway wrote:Tested this today in Excel 2013 and I'm getting repeated errors about an object named BBI1 conflicting with something else. I'll try to get the exact error message when I have another chance at my windows box.

The complete message: "The name, BBI1, either conflicts with a valid range reference or is invalid for Excel. The name has been replaced with _BBI1. You may need to manually update any references to this name used in VBA code or text arguments in functions."

Sorry for the delay in replying, had to install software closer to Excel (which I do not use). There should not be an object BBI1. At least I did not put one in and cannot find one. The only conflict that there should be is the way Excel searches a cell which differs from open Office (set Template cell T98 to Y).
Can you lease give me a range of cells which are showing as errors for you.

Paul

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 pm

One thing I have found, if the sheet is saved as Excel 2003:
Having "Enable regular expression in formulae" turned on will throw up errors when Piercing +1, +2 or +3 are used.
Appears the "+" causes it to throw a wobbley.

Paul

KDLadage
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby KDLadage » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:10 pm

Wow. When I originally created my version of the shipyard tool, I had no idea it would be going on this long. Good work, OldnGrey!

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:02 am

KDLadage wrote:Wow. When I originally created my version of the shipyard tool, I had no idea it would be going on this long. Good work, OldnGrey!

Thanks. It kind of took on a life of it's own :) .
Bet you did not think it would expand to this extent with VBAM 1st edition and Fleet Ops included as well, I had only intended to expand the number of weapons when I asked if you minded my having a go at it.
It seems like quite a while ago now. It caused a few late nights and headaches along the way. :lol:

Paul

Return to “Files”