Pretty SSD Builder Template

www.adastragames.com

Moderator: Ken_Burnside

Ken_Burnside
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Pretty SSD Builder Template

Postby Ken_Burnside » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:49 am

We're still tweaking this, so it's a work in progress. This is a template with EVERYTHING turned on; most ships won't come near to having this many boxes.

Things may change, the moon may explode, we may discover that painting pewter figures is the only way to peace and get called away to settle the Middle Eastern crisis with a mass minis painting class.

http://www.adastragames.com/downloads/S ... e_v072.pdf

Tom and I are still trying to figure out a better way to place Zoom, Boom, SP, DI and RI (which are universe variables) than the current method; ideally, we'd like to be able to do SP: 4, RI: Medium, DI: Medium, but I suspect space won't permit.

Blacklancer99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Pretty SSD Builder Template

Postby Blacklancer99 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Ken, that looks soooo much better than the excel spreadsheet that I might actually attempt to build a ship (I have the game but basically, well, haven't done much but read the rules). Hmm. Maybe I should have posted this over on your forums. No wait, I need the experience points here to level up to the next rank! :D
Erik
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

Ken_Burnside
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Ken_Burnside » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 am

Blacklancer99 wrote:Ken, that looks soooo much better than the excel spreadsheet that I might actually attempt to build a ship (I have the game but basically, well, haven't done much but read the rules). Hmm. Maybe I should have posted this over on your forums. No wait, I need the experience points here to level up to the next rank! :D
Erik

So you're saying that if I turn on rankings on the Ad Astra forums, you'll post there? :)

For shame - at the very least, set up the situations in the five sample moves and get a feel for how the 3-D engine works. :)

And the miracle of the Excel sheet is that I got it to look as nice as I did. Which isn't to say that it looks nice - but that with enough obsessive compulsion, one CAN get Excel to approximate a page layout program of sorts.

Blacklancer99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:47 am

Ken_Burnside wrote:
Blacklancer99 wrote:Ken, that looks soooo much better than the excel spreadsheet that I might actually attempt to build a ship (I have the game but basically, well, haven't done much but read the rules). Hmm. Maybe I should have posted this over on your forums. No wait, I need the experience points here to level up to the next rank! :D
Erik

So you're saying that if I turn on rankings on the Ad Astra forums, you'll post there? :)

For shame - at the very least, set up the situations in the five sample moves and get a feel for how the 3-D engine works. :)

And the miracle of the Excel sheet is that I got it to look as nice as I did. Which isn't to say that it looks nice - but that with enough obsessive compulsion, one CAN get Excel to approximate a page layout program of sorts.

I was just teasing about the ranks thing ;) I've been lurking over on the Ad Astra Forum since I got the game, but the realities of the holidays and other RL things (like that darn work thing!) have made it impossible to do any gaming for a while now. Perhaps as things quiet down I will be able to try the examples. Then the next hurdle is to play with the spreadsheet and try to tinker out some ships.
Cheers,
Erik
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

Return to “Ad Astra Games”