Introducing... The Omegapedia!

A discussion site for everyone's favorite '80s sci-fi show
Nahuris
Captain
Captain

Postby Nahuris » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:35 pm

I finally got around to joining the Yahoo Group.....
Looks interesting.... I might see if I can lend a hand on things.

Nahuris
Retreating? Hell no, we're just attacking in the other direction......!!

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:49 pm

KDLadage wrote:I was just wrapping up some stuff in my Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy writting (should be done in two weeks tops). Based on that, after I submit that to Dan, I was looking for what would be next and remembered SFO... I was thinking that creating a "clunky" system that felt like a game from 1980 would be cool...:-)

I'm rather thinking that it ought to be a Starmada supplement at this point. Perhaps something like a 'large scale' version of Starmada would be appropriate.

I've even got some ideas that might work on my old Geocities site if it's decided to really right up a new game system to go with this. I think something along the lines of the old "Starfire" game could also work.

Unfortunately, the current holder of the rights to the Starfire system has p-'od a LOT of people, and some people has stated that he seems to be more concerned about squeezing every dime out of it than improving any of it's flaws. I haven't seen the new system he's released, but the word I've heard is that he's really done nothing to streamline it.

I was on a Starfire list on Yahoo, and it was pretty nasty for a while.

The original Starfire was refeshingly simple, I've got that version. The addendums got real kludgy real fast though...

Dan had already written (at least part of) something to use as a new system, but I think he decided to scrap that. I might still have it sitting around here somewhere....
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

Nahuris
Captain
Captain

Re: Introducing... The Omegapedia!

Postby Nahuris » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:01 pm

So, has this stalled out again?

I know I've been out of gaming for a few months..... so am looking to see if any progress has been made.

Nahuris

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:30 pm

Nahuris wrote:So, has this stalled out again?
I know I've been out of gaming for a few months..... so am looking to see if any progress has been made.

Yeah....

Dan's doing some SFB thing with Amarillo Design Bureau, I have no idea of the status on that - I can only assume Dan is knee deep into it and will unveil it to the appropriate parties when he needs help (as is usual with him).

He never responded to my inquiry about doing a web comic about the SFO universe - but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger on that.

I'd like to see all the old entries that I made in the (now dead) wiki - but it's either lost or Dan hasn't the time to dig it out. I might have a few notes somewhere, but they don't match the wiki OR the more recent 'scripts' I wrote a few months back (which no one has seen but me).

Nahuris
Captain
Captain

Postby Nahuris » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:47 pm

I'd like to see what you CAN put together.....

Unfortunately, by the time I saw this, it was on the way down, and I have found very little information on it.
I'd like to see where we are, and read up on some of what's there.... and then see if I can maybe add some that would fit in with the rest.

I'd love to see if we can get this as an official universe.... be nice to have fleets and ideas for use with Starmada that works the same way as Star Fleet Battles can use ideas and fleets from the Star Trek television episodes.

Imagine a series of Jane's Fleet Books designed off of the different races people create.....

Nahuris

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:49 am

Nahuris wrote:I'd like to see what you CAN put together.....

So would I, I didn't warm to it at first, but it's been growing on me for some time.

I think the "treat this like it actually happened" shtick just didn't work for me....I'm not a fan-boy by nature.

Nahuris wrote:Unfortunately, by the time I saw this, it was on the way down, and I have found very little information on it. I'd like to see where we are, and read up on some of what's there.... and then see if I can maybe add some that would fit in with the rest.

I think that all that's available is what I might have in some text files I saved off. The wiki and the yahoo list are gone.

Nahuris wrote:I'd love to see if we can get this as an official universe.... be nice to have fleets and ideas for use with Starmada that works the same way as Star Fleet Battles can use ideas and fleets from the Star Trek television episodes.

Yeah - that's what I'd like to see done.

Nahuris wrote:Imagine a series of Jane's Fleet Books designed off of the different races people create.....

I can start a Yahoo group to give us a common place to put things if you like. Dan dumped most of the MJ12-related groups, and there's nothing on the main list about SFO. If we can generate some interest, maybe we can get something useful done.

Let me know, and I'll make one post-haste....or, as soon as I see your post...
:D

If Dan sees that I'm starting up ANOTHER project list he MIGHT react, but I think he's just too pre-occupied right now with the Star Fleet Battles thing.

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:35 am

thedugan wrote:If Dan sees that I'm starting up ANOTHER project list he MIGHT react, but I think he's just too pre-occupied right now with the Star Fleet Battles thing.

I would strongly prefer you DON'T start another list. That's why we have a section on the forums.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:28 am

Well - we can post files here now....Main thing for me is that I can't reach mj12games.com from work - but I can reach Yahoo from work. That's awful limiting for me.

What I was thinking was something along the lines of the "Afrikans" list, I wasn't going to open it up to everyone - just those interested in helping create, interesting bits I can post here from home. It would only be a working group, not something that's for public consumption.

I was adding to the Omegapedia if you remember, before all the spamming made you pull it down, and my employer decided to block mj12games.com from work...

If you're stil against it, I won't....

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:29 am

BTW, Dan, i wasn't trying to pull a fast one on ya....
:)

Just noting that you were busy.

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:51 pm

I did archive everything from the Omegapedia before I took it down.

Theoretically, I should be able to make it accessible... but it might take a little time.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

Return to “Space Fleet Omega”