Character notes and Bots...

A discussion site for everyone's favorite '80s sci-fi show
thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Character notes and Bots...

Postby thedugan » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:01 pm

I made up a list of 'new cast members', back when the Omegapadia went down, and I hadn't found my notes. I've slipped in some stuff from the older list, and left the "Actor's names" blank (since I don't really care for the "apochyphal scifi series" meme).

Feel free to comment or add some actor's names. Due to copyrights and such, I very much doubt you can use REAL actors.

"Fleet of the Farthest Star"

Position: Character's Name/Desciption:

Commanding Officer - Mikhail Antonov
Executive Officer - Quinton O'Malley
Navigator - Barbara Tyson
Piloting Officer - John Hardsteel
Ship's Doctor - Robert Calypso
Science Officer - Antonio J. Rodriguez
Ship's Engineer - Phaeton Wu
Assistant Engineer - Cryton R. Mallard
Marine Major - Steven Arnold-Mason
Ship's Yeoman - Layla Casandra
Communications Chief - Aelyr Pi

Admiral of Fleet Omega - Lewis Tristan
Admiralty Adjutant - Thomas Smythe
Base Logistics Officer - William T. Pakstein

Ship's Mascot/Monkey - Kiko, a Rhesus Monkey (OFS Vesuvius)
Annoying Boy Wonder - James O.(Octavian) Doverton (OFS Vesuvius - known as Jamie)
Tobor the Robot - Large Delta-7 Class Robot(OFS Vesuvius)

Bounty Hunter #1 - Dan Jansen (Episode: Drugrunners)
Bounty Hunter #2 - Micheal-Phillip Tubbs (Episode: Drugrunners)
Federation President - Antonio Arnaz
Orosconian Pirate - Rudolph Klopfer
Bifrost Council Rep. - Johanne Hodur
Admiral of Fleet Epsilon - Xerxes Bolar

Robot/Computer Classifications:

ALPHA - Standard specialized industrial robot. Slightly smarter than a current-day PC with good programming and a decent OS. Usually based on a UNIX-like OS with keyboard-mouse-style input. Can be configured as a voice command robot, but usually isn't.

BETA - Usually assigned to officers, to deal with secretarial work. Takes voice commands, can be commanded by voice, usually won't do anything without being told. About as smart as most of the computers in Star Trek apear to be.

GAMMA - Voice command Industrial-sized robot. Slightly smarter than a BETA, usually placed in charge of ALPHA's to run a factory or a mine. Capable of making reasonable leaps in logic, but not creative.

DELTA - Bulky, very intelligent (about as smart as the Robot in 'Lost in Space' or 'Robby the Robot') general purpose robot. Ranking captains might have one assigned, especially at an isolated post. Used as repositories of data that might be needed quickly, or interfaced with a large database computer to effectively do the same thing. "Personality" isn't unusual, but is discouraged by design.

EPSILON - A 'scary-smart' COLOSSUS-type computer used on Starships. Way smarter than a 'Trek-style' computer, more like the M-5 was supposed to be. Actually capable of suggesting strategy, piloting the ship, and used to calculate jumps in jump-capable Starships. They are also used in Stargates, and usually too 'busy' to interface with humans, as they are constantly re-calculating jump avenues.

ZETA - Only present in the largest Installations. Can go 'catatonic' or 'schizo' after being online for more than a few weeks. Usually only used by Admirals for strategic calculations or be scientists for simulations. ZETA-class computers are always used with safegaurds that prevent them from assuming command of other robots or computers, and only allowed to have servos in the most dire of situations. EPSILON and lower-intelligence computers and robots are specifically hard-wired to forbid their used by ZETA class minds.
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Character notes and Bots...

Postby thedugan » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:21 pm

I've slipped in some stuff from the older list, and now have added in "Actor's Names". Since the actor's roster I have is somewhat thin, I had some fun with it.

"Fleet of the Farthest Star"

Position: Character's Name/Desciption:
(Actor Portraying)
================================================
Commanding Officer - Mikhail Antonov
(Bruce Cowden)

Executive Officer - Quinton O'Malley
(Terry Roth)

Navigator - Barbara Tyson
(Adrianna Hussington)

Piloting Officer - John Hardsteel
(Brock Stryker: born Adrian Wainscoting)

Ship's Doctor - Robert Calypso
(Lyle O'Rourke)

Science Officer - Antonio J. Rodriguez
(James K. Doyle)

Ship's Engineer - Phaeton Wu
(Lu Win Ho)

Assistant Engineer - Cryton R. Mallard
(Benjamin Tobard)

Marine Major - Steven Arnold-Mason
(Lewis Weatherington)

Ship's Yeoman - Layla Casandra
(Season 1 - Greta Bachman)
(Season 2 and later - Eunice Mupp)

Communications Chief - Aelyr Pi
(Janicera Juarez)

Admiral of Fleet Omega - Lewis Tristan
(Eugene Stewardson)

Admiralty Adjutant - Thomas Smythe
(Gondolfo Arturez)

Base Logistics Officer - William T. Pakstein
(Maynard T Sunds)

Ship's Mascot/Monkey - Kiko, a Rhesus Monkey (OFS Vesuvius)
(various - in fact, the monkey's appearance was different from scene to scene at times)

Annoying Boy Wonder - James O.(Octavian) Doverton (OFS Vesuvius - known as Jamie)
(Jimmy Scothright)

Tobor the Robot - Large Delta-7 Class Robot(OFS Vesuvius)
(voiced by Yomashiro Hudacha, operated by the technical crew)

Bounty Hunter #1 - Dan Jansen (Episode: Drugrunners)
(Duran Fausten)

Bounty Hunter #2 - Micheal-Phillip Tubbs (Episode: Drugrunners)
(Don Michael Jackson)

Federation President - Antonio Arnaz
(Philicito Ocana)

Orosconian Pirate - Rudolph Klopfer
(Randolph Clotch)

Bifrost Council Rep. - Johanne Hodur
(William C. Binton)

Admiral of Fleet Epsilon - Xerxes Bolar
(Obono Nabusis)

Robot/Computer Classifications:

ALPHA - Standard specialized industrial robot. Slightly smarter than a current-day PC with good programming and a decent OS. Usually based on a UNIX-like OS with keyboard-mouse-style input. Can be configured as a voice command robot, but usually isn't.

BETA - Usually assigned to officers, to deal with secretarial work. Takes voice commands, can be commanded by voice, usually won't do anything without being told. About as smart as most of the computers in Star Trek apear to be.

GAMMA - Voice command Industrial-sized robot. Slightly smarter than a BETA, usually placed in charge of ALPHA's to run a factory or a mine. Capable of making reasonable leaps in logic, but not creative.

DELTA - Bulky, very intelligent (about as smart as the Robot in 'Lost in Space' or 'Robby the Robot) general purpose robot. Ranking captains might have one assigned, especially at an isolated post. Used as repositories of data that might be needed quickly, or interfaced with a large database computer to effectively do the same thing. "Personality" isn't unusual, but is discouraged by design.

EPSILON - A 'scary-smart' COLOSSUS-type computer used on Starships. Way smarter than a 'Trek-style' computer, more like the M-5 was supposed to be. Actually capable of suggesting strategy, piloting the ship, and used to calculate jumps in jump-capable Starships. They are also used Stargates, and usually too 'busy' to interface with humans, as they are constantly re-calculating jump avenues.

ZETA - Only present in the largest Installations. Can go 'catatonic' or 'schizo' after being online for more than a few weeks. Usually only used by Admirals for strategic calculations or be scientists for simulations. ZETA-class computers are always used with safegaurds that prevent them from assuming command of other robots or computers, and only allowed to have servos in the most dire of situations. EPSILON and lower-intelligence computers and robots are specifically hard-wired to forbid their used by ZETA class minds.
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

Return to “Space Fleet Omega”