Advice on Defiance minatures

Gettin' the lead and makin' it pretty
Alex Knight
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Advice on Defiance minatures

Postby Alex Knight » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:06 pm

Working in 1/72 scale, there's a box called Space Battles from a company called Dark Dream Studio. It has two walker-types and 17 "Space Rangers"

While not their official website (I don't think there *is* one...) here's a link to what they look like: http://www.plasticrush.com/DARKDREAMSTUDIO72001.htm

They seem to be made of a softer plastic but are fairly inexpensive. (The distributor says that the retail is about $13.95 USD)

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Critical Mass Games has released their first battlesuit for Protolene Khanate I've mentioned before in the thread, the Ayame:
http://www.criticalmassgames.com/critic ... sp?TID=159

As stated before, the line is nominally 15mm scale but the suit is a tad over 30mm high so can pass for an alien battlesuit or maybe a robot for 28-30mm scale in a bit of pinch. The entire line of the "space doggies" looks nice enough incidentally (apart from their upcoming big mecha previewed some time ago which I didn't like so much), but alas the scale is wrong for me personally, tho works well enough with Defiance of course.

One also notes that the company logo has quite a bit of similarity with the old Starslayer "exploding star" logo also used in the Defiance rulebook -- possible litigation opportunity there too :mrgreen:

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:26 am

MegaMinis brings more pulp scifi style aliens in 25mm scale: the feline humanoid Pumaceans. Available in 4 distinct subspecies and poses only tho:
http://freeboardgamesnow.com/futurealiens.aspx

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:17 am

Yet more "space cats"! It's a freakin' furball in 'ere, I tell you!

Anyway, Regiment Games is offering their 28mm scale (yes, contrary to popular belief, some companies still do make scifi miniatures in that ;) ) cat people, the Rar, for preorder at a fair discount. The product ships in August, one gathers. More info here:
http://theminiaturespage.com/news/527420/

smokingwreckage
Commodore
Commodore

Postby smokingwreckage » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:05 pm

http://wargamesfactory.com/wargames-fac ... t-troopers

HOLYCRAPAWESOME!

These come with enough weapons options for 2 or more squad types with a full compliment of Primary and Support weapons, with head types to visually delineate either leaders and heroes OR an additional 2 or more squad types. Better yet there are heavy weapons coming soon! This means that apart from lacking Powered Infantry there's more than enough variety, available economically, for an EXCELLENT Defiance force, with a nice unified "in uniform" look on the table.
-Sam

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:03 am

Sure they seem nice enough scuplts and are affordable, but I'm not personally too fond of the aesthetic. Done to death and all that. Plus they aren't aliens* :mrgreen:

*) Yoda says: OP you should read, not just the thread title.

smokingwreckage
Commodore
Commodore

Postby smokingwreckage » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:09 pm

They have weird bug-eyed alternative heads. As for the OP, I thought this was a different thread <.< >.>
-Sam

Alex Knight
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Alex Knight » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:11 am

tnjrp wrote:Sure they seem nice enough scuplts and are affordable, but I'm not personally too fond of the aesthetic. Done to death and all that. Plus they aren't aliens* :mrgreen:

*) Yoda says: OP you should read, not just the thread title.

Close enough. The series they are from (starting) *is* *Alien* Suns... :mrgreen: I suspect we'll see more *aliens* coming out of that company. I mean, heck, from what it sounds like I might get my Latex Babes of Estros (bonus points to anyone who catches that reference...) err... Amazons in Space... Besides, he wouldn't have been the first to point out human lines.

That said, anyone looking at Reaper's Chronoscope line? Some limited poses but they do have an entire line of martian figures. All I can say is ... "ACK ACK. ACK... ACK ACK ACK..."

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:04 pm

"Latex Babes Of Estros"? ...oooookay, then....

The Greatcoat Troopers, I like 'em, they look sorta of like look like Vader Clones.....or Space Nazis of some sort with the "Death's Head" thing on the helmet.
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:55 am

MegaMinis has announced
the acquisition and pending re-release of DemonBlade Games' Shock Force miniatures line. This collection includes over 140 highly detailed metal figures and vehicles, plus associated artwork, designed by top industry sculptors Chaz Elliot, Dave Summers, Bobby Jackson, Drew Williams, Dave Perry and Jeff Valent.

Mega Miniatures will be re-releasing figures from this range every month for the next 16 to 24 months

Suitably for the thread (main) subject, they start off with the GothRat series so now you can have the pesky rat aliens (originally they were mutans IIRC but who can tell these days...) for your felines to eradicate. Some of them are plenty big tho so they might make your cat miniatures look like kittens ;)

http://www.megaminis.com/

Return to “Miniatures”