We are playing Starmada:NE here in Jacksonville, Fla.

The Universal Game of Starship Combat
BeowulfJB
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

We are playing Starmada:NE here in Jacksonville, Fla.

Postby BeowulfJB » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 pm

Hello everyone!
We are playing Starmada:NE on Saturday 1/26 at 2pm at the FLGS (FriendlyLocalGamingStore) on Roosevelt Blvd [US17] near NAS Jax in southern Jacksonville. This store used to be Suncoast Comics & Games.
All are welcome 8-)
Cheers
Darn the Fusion Torpedoes; full speed ahead!
Victory is blasting hostile ships to space junk before they blast you into space junk...

Blacklancer99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: We are playing Starmada:NE here in Jacksonville, Fla.

Postby Blacklancer99 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:34 pm

Man, I hate when you post that you are playing again! I'm fighting a serious case of gaming envy ;)
Of course, maybe I'm just bitter because it was 2 degrees F here this morning (not counting the wind chill) and your idea of cold in Florida means you have to wear socks with your sandals! :P
Cheers,
E
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

BeowulfJB
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby BeowulfJB » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 pm

It is cold up here in NE Florida too. it only warmed up to 65 degrees up here... :P

What could help to jump-start Starmada is to make/use made ships from StarTrek with appropriate minis and invite people to play at a local game-store using ships & sheets you made. You may have to run the show for a while, but it could work. Also, ask the store to advertise a demo for you. You could use minis of Battlestar Galactica & maybe Babylon 5, etc., with ships from those shows also.
Cheers,
Steven

Victory is blasting hostile ships to space junk before they blast you into space junk...

Blacklancer99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 am

BeowulfJB wrote:It is cold up here in NE Florida too. it only warmed up to 65 degrees up here... :P

Yeah, I feel for you :x

What could help to jump-start Starmada is to make/use made ships from StarTrek with appropriate minis and invite people to play at a local game-store using ships & sheets you made. You may have to run the show for a while, but it could work. Also, ask the store to advertise a demo for you. You could use minis of Battlestar Galactica & maybe Babylon 5, etc., with ships from those shows also.
Cheers,
Steven

Opponents aren't the problem, but I could use a 32 hour day so I could find 3-4 hours for fun stuff! Haven't seen some of my gaming buddies in quite some time :(

Enjoy your game & blow something up for those of us that are 'splosion deprived!

Cheers,
E
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

BeowulfJB
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby BeowulfJB » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 am

We are playing Starmada:NE on Thursday 1/31 at 4:30pm at the FLGS (FriendlyLocalGamingStore) on Roosevelt Blvd [US17] near NAS Jax in southern Jacksonville. This store used to be Suncoast Comics & Games.
All are welcome :geek:
Cheers

BeowulfJB
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby BeowulfJB » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Hello again everyone,
We are playing Starmada:NE on Thursday 2/14 at 4:30pm at the FLGS (FriendlyLocalGamingStore) on Roosevelt Blvd [US17] near NAS Jax in southern Jacksonville. This store used to be Suncoast Comics & Games.
All are welcome.
Cheers

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:09 pm

I do not intend to go over the Atlantic to play, but I'm curious. Do you know how many games you are playing for games that clearly decide which won?
Last game I played lasted 4 turns. Not a lot but we played during a bit less than 3 hours (with some discussion and rule explanation inside)

Marc

BeowulfJB
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby BeowulfJB » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:59 pm

I have played games that have lasted only 4 or 5 turns. The game we played here in Jacksonville last Saturday 2/9 lasted ten turns. There was much manuevering at long range. We play until one side is clearly beaten & they conceed.
:idea: We have made a change to innitiative. The first turn we roll for it it, then after that, it goes automaticly back & forth. Thus if I win innitiative turn one, I will also have it turn 3, 5, 7, etc. This change takes the luck out of winning or losing innitiative several turns in a row, and allows players to plan their moves accordingly.
Cheers

PSYCO829
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby PSYCO829 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 am

I love this idea

BeowulfJB
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby BeowulfJB » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:59 am

It works well. We should try it when we play at (Gaming) Glen's store in Davie. 8-)

Return to “Starmada”