Starmada Nova Errata

The Universal Game of Starship Combat
OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Starmada Nova Errata

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:24 pm

cricket wrote:
Nomad wrote:The drydock seems to indicate that this does not apply to additions from Carrier and similar; just want to verify that this is correct.

Correct. The additions from fighters, drones, etc., SHOULD have the x1.67 built in.

Might I suggest that "After any additions to the DRAT from page 48, apply a final x 1.67 modifier." be put at the bottom of page 47.

Paul

Enpeze
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Enpeze » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:52 pm

p46: example for weapon battery SUs, line 7

IMO you have to exchange the 1.51 with 2.22 (FX) but I am not absolutely sure, because the SM Nova ship construction rules became extremely complex for non-mathematicans. (square roots and logarithms? pfff - last time I calculated this kind of math was 30y ago! :shock: )

mikeaxe
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby mikeaxe » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:01 am

OOPs. :oops:
I miss read the Majestic's sheet it hasn't got any armor! What I thought was an Armor box was the second row of Hull.

Page 4 says "Two rows of damage boxes each divided into three groups. The top row is made up of armor ..." when actually there can be multiple rows of both Armor and Hull (due to space). Obvious, once you look at the ships at the end of the rules.

I know the Majestic has done sterling service in this position but a ship with a some Armor might have been clearer.
Mike P.

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:06 pm

p21, example on top of the right column, the armor and hull boxes had been replaced by 'R' and '&'.

Marc

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:18 pm

mikeaxe wrote:I know the Majestic has done sterling service in this position but a ship with a some Armor might have been clearer.

Good point.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

Alex Knight
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Alex Knight » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:10 pm

On page 52, the conversion arcs for ABD is given as FH, where I suspect it should be FS. ABC is FP as expected.

Marauder
Commander
Commander

Postby Marauder » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Add a sentence on page 43 stating that ships must have a hull size of 3 or greater.

-Tim

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:43 pm

I don't think it's a mistake, but the probe range is weird. 1 3 6 instead of 2 4 6.

Marc

BarkingMonkey

Postby BarkingMonkey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Still waiting on Nomads first post - I actually thought the intent was that only range based trait combinations indicated in the table were permitted, rather than no more than two (though I confess these may be the same - I'm a little too lazy to suss out all the range based traits permutations.)

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:02 am

BarkingMonkey wrote:Still waiting on Nomads first post - I actually thought the intent was that only range based trait combinations indicated in the table were permitted, rather than no more than two (though I confess these may be the same - I'm a little too lazy to suss out all the range based traits permutations.)

I believed that it was only one but there are are some dual combinations permitted as shown in the chart (included in both drydock and shipyard).

Paul

Return to “Starmada”