Drydock pre-release

The Universal Game of Starship Combat
mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Drydock pre-release

Postby mj12games » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:35 pm

MRCAcct wrote:Question: Why does Drydock round to the nearest multiple of 5? I ask because it doesn't state that in the rules.

Because I wanted to round to the nearest multiple of 5 for all the published ships, and forgot to put it back in the public release. :)

If you want to round to the nearest integer, unprotect the "Display" tab, select cell Q2, and alter the formula to read:

=MROUND(INDIRECT(T1&"!M5"),1)

Don't forget to protect the tab again when you're finished.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:42 am

EDIT: I AM A THICKO. A THICKY THICKO, KING OF THICKONIA.

/sighs

For some reason, I thought you had to enter the greater-than sign in front of the whole weapon name, not just the secondary mode 'name'. I can only blame it on the cold, my blithely skimming over the important part of the instructions and being used to the Shipyard.
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:10 am

Now without a gonging head, I've noticed a couple of minor issues with Drydock. I had a look at the Tables sheet and discovered two 'typos':

1) the dual weapon mount modifier is listed as 1.7, when it should be 1.8 (according to the rulebook)

2) the TR arc is listed as having an arc modifier (number of arcs+1) of 7, when it should be 6.

What that means is that my King Thicko-class battleship is incorrectly pointed. Argghhh...
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

Return to “Starmada”