Drydock pre-release

The Universal Game of Starship Combat
MRCAcct
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Modding Drydock

Postby MRCAcct » Thu May 25, 2017 10:14 pm

So, changing some aspects of Drydock is pretty straightforward (TABLES tab).

Say I wanted to add more sheets (or change sheet names) . Because I'm not 100% familiar with some of the formulas used...

As long as I add/change the names of the new sheets to the data validation/drop down box on the DISPLAY tab, everything should still work out fine right?

bekosh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Drydock pre-release

Postby bekosh » Fri May 26, 2017 6:29 pm

There is more to it than that. Some of the cells on the Tables tab have calculations that refer back to the Ship# tabs.
Paul
Carpe Dementia!

TeknoMerk
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby TeknoMerk » Wed May 31, 2017 4:02 pm

Overall, changing the DryDock spreadsheet is easy, except when you get to the Tables sheet (component column) that references the Ship* sheets. I experienced this when recently converting DryDock from Excel to OpenOffice.
<> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= <>

TeknoMerk

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 am

Right, as I was preparing my first SUE supplement, I discovered a few problems with the Drydock. I'm sorry I didn't find these earlier:

--Screens don't get the Shield tech modifier applied to them

--Dual-Mode weapons: Smaller figure is being divided by 3, not 2 (was able to fix this myself)

--DRat doesn't round up, just rounds normally (a hull 1 ship with Shields 1 has a DRat of 2.4, which should round to 3, but it doesn't)

--Anti-Fighter Batteries has an ORat component (was able to fix this myself)
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

TeknoMerk
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby TeknoMerk » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:33 pm

Would you mind indicating the sheet, row/column and how you fixed these? I would like to update my Excel and OpenOffice versions, and I am concerned that I would miss an item or two while attempting to find the problems you noted. Thank you in advance!

murtalianconfederacy wrote:Right, as I was preparing my first SUE supplement, I discovered a few problems with the Drydock. I'm sorry I didn't find these earlier:

--Dual-Mode weapons: Smaller figure is being divided by 3, not 2 (was able to fix this myself)

--DRat doesn't round up, just rounds normally (a hull 1 ship with Shields 1 has a DRat of 2.4, which should round to 3, but it doesn't)

TeknoMerk

MRCAcct
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby MRCAcct » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:09 am

murtalianconfederacy wrote:Right, as I was preparing my first SUE supplement, I discovered a few problems with the Drydock. I'm sorry I didn't find these earlier:

*looks at all the stuff he's done so far, weeps uncontrollably*

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:58 am

TeknoMerk wrote:Would you mind indicating the sheet, row/column and how you fixed these? I would like to update my Excel and OpenOffice versions, and I am concerned that I would miss an item or two while attempting to find the problems you noted. Thank you in advance!

WRT the dual-mode weapons, I unprotected each sheet, then in the box where the base SU requirement is listed (with a red circle below):

Drydock pre-release dual-mode weapons correction.png
Drydock pre-release dual-mode weapons correction.png (11.44 KiB) Viewed 435 times

The original formula reads (for the first weapon battery):

=ROUND(MAX(M14:M15)+MIN(M14:M15)/3,1)

Which I changed to:

=ROUND(MAX(M14:M15)+MIN(M14:M15)/2,1)

Which seemed to correct the problem.

As for the AFB, I simply entered a '0' figure into each AFB's ORat column on the Tables sheet. I think this was because initially AFBs were to be closer to their AE version--an 'active' weapon system. The screens and the CRat rounding--I don't have any clue as to how to fix those, I'm afraid
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

bekosh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby bekosh » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:55 pm

murtalianconfederacy wrote:The screens and the DRat rounding--I don't have any clue as to how to fix those, I'm afraid

The DRat rounding (Cell L) is actually just the displayed number. If you right click the cell, go to Format Cells and increase the decimal places displayed it shows the 2.4 for a Hull 1 Shield 1. So all you need to do is add ROUNDUP to the formula in L5.
Change from,

Code: Select all

=((C8+Q8)*12/(6-R10)*PRODUCT(N34:N43))+SUM(M34:M43)

to,

=ROUNDUP(((C8+Q8)*12/(6-R10)*PRODUCT(N34:N43))+SUM(M34:M43),0)

The screens can be fixed by changing the formula in O11.
The current formula does all of the multiplication first then the addition (Order of Operations) so the tech multiplier is getting zeroed out.
You just need to change this,

=50*C11+30*SUM(E11:H11)*W10

to this.

=(50*C11+30*SUM(E11:H11))*W10
Paul
Carpe Dementia!

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Updated download to v1.03, fixing the identified issues, as well as fixing weapon ORATs so they round up, rather than to the nearest integer.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

TeknoMerk
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby TeknoMerk » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Thank you all! I will update my DryDock OpenOffice conversion to reflect these changes.

Dan, the DryDock links are still showing v1.02 modified on May 11. Did the v1.03 get put elsewhere?
Last edited by TeknoMerk on Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeknoMerk

Return to “Starmada”