SFU Unity

The Universal Game of Starship Combat
minnella

Re: SFU Unity

Postby minnella » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Do you have an estimate on when the SFU Unity books will be out?

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:00 pm

My understanding is the new Klingon Armada will hit the ADB web store this weekend.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

drneuro

Postby drneuro » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Hello I am wondering when the unity versions of Klingon, Romulan, etc. Actually any of the starfleet universe versions of Starmada Unity are going to be released anytime soon. I thought they were going to be released in March or April of this year but so far as I can tell nothing yet. I am desperate for some Unity, SFU style as I really enjoyed nova . Can anyone answer this question please? Thank you in advance.

Garydee

Postby Garydee » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:03 pm

drneuro wrote:Hello I am wondering when the unity versions of Klingon, Romulan, etc. Actually any of the starfleet universe versions of Starmada Unity are going to be released anytime soon. I thought they were going to be released in March or April of this year but so far as I can tell nothing yet. I am desperate for some Unity, SFU style as I really enjoyed nova . Can anyone answer this question please? Thank you in advance.

ADB is really swamped by their Shapeways miniatures line right now. When it eases up it'll come out then.

Garydee

Postby Garydee » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:12 pm

What does everyone think of the new rules? Pretty good I would say. The only concern I have is that shield reinforcement might encourage turtling but I haven't played yet so I could be wrong on that.

Edit- Oops. I was wrong about shield reinforcement. It can only be used once per volley.

bekosh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby bekosh » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:46 pm

I just got my copy yesterday so I haven't done more than skim through them. The new rules look great for SFU but I'm disappointed that the construction info is missing for the new Ship and Weapon traits. :(
Paul
Carpe Dementia!

mikeaxe1066

Postby mikeaxe1066 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:13 am

Just got my copy. Bit confused about PP and how it is applied, per weapon type per battery or per weapon mount.
Example if I had a C8 firing all its Disruptors overloaded would it cost 12pp, 4pp, or 2pp? I suspect it's 12pp but could not 'prove' it.
May I second the request for the construction costs for the new traits?

MRCAcct
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby MRCAcct » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:35 am

Well, just contacted ADB, hoping they'll give me an upgrade as I bought mine at my FLGS.

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:55 pm

PP costs are per individual weapon mount, paid at the time it is fired.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

MRCAcct
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby MRCAcct » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Okay, got my copy of SFB Unity.

Thoughts (of a Rules Lawyer):
New Traits (Engine Power Ratio, Tight Turn, Wide Turn, Anti-Drone) could stand to be put under their own heading for ease of looking up.
Power rules could stand to have their own section, or maybe a table summarizing what generates and uses power. (Likely needed more in future supplements).

Found the rules to be a little clunky, but then again I'm a Rules Lawyer so... :roll:
And as a rules lawyer (and someone with a whole bunch of SFB material eagerly awaiting conversion), was wondering if there's any ORAT/DRAT modifiers for the new traits (including #PP and Evp)? I ran several designs randomly through Drydock and found that for the most part they match values in the book; which seems to indicate that all the SFB stuff doesn't affect Combat Ratings.

Return to “Starmada”