SFU Unity

The Universal Game of Starship Combat
MRCAcct
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 am
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: SFU Unity

Postby MRCAcct » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:19 am

Take a pic of someone not so horrific with the book(s) and pass it off as yourself? :D

ericphillips
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 am

Re: SFU Unity

Postby ericphillips » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:30 pm

Why do my BSUR values not match the ones in your image? I have them entered with the same values, but I do not get the same BSUR. For example, my PHOT is 5.9, yours 6.8. PHOT OVL is 4.9 for me, and 5.7 for yours. Images included below. Update: It is only the PHOTs that do this, the other are right (although I did not put the Plasmas Torps in at all).

Image

Image

Thanks. Great version of the SFU by far.

ericphillips
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 am

Re: SFU Unity

Postby ericphillips » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:35 pm

How does the Scatter trait work for Phaser-4s? The IMP is not used.

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet
Posts: 3637
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:56 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: SFU Unity

Postby mj12games » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:27 pm

ericphillips wrote:How does the Scatter trait work for Phaser-4s? The IMP is not used.

IMP is used; it just automatically "penetrates". So Phaser-4s do 2 pts of damage at medium range and 3 pts at short range.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

ericphillips
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 am

Re: SFU Unity

Postby ericphillips » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:40 pm

mj12games wrote:
ericphillips wrote:How does the Scatter trait work for Phaser-4s? The IMP is not used.

IMP is used; it just automatically "penetrates". So Phaser-4s do 2 pts of damage at medium range and 3 pts at short range.


Ah, I get it. Thanks.

ericphillips
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 am

Re: SFU Unity

Postby ericphillips » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:21 pm

mj12games wrote:Starmada engine ratings are a little more complicated. They are based off of how much power is left for movement in FC after all weapons have been powered. This number is divided by the EPR to obtain the engine rating.


So, for a FRAX heavy cruiser with a movement cost of one, and only phasers, DISRs, and drone racks the engine would be "8?" (move cost *4. 30 warp minus zero charge needed by weapons. So 30/4 = 7.5?) Seems a bit fast. Unless you include the 2 power needed to fire the DISRs.

ericphillips
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 am

Re: SFU Unity

Postby ericphillips » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:25 pm

mj12games wrote:Starmada engine ratings are a little more complicated. They are based off of how much power is left for movement in FC after all weapons have been powered. This number is divided by the EPR to obtain the engine rating.


So, for a FRAX heavy cruiser with a movement cost of one, and only phasers, DISRs, and drone racks the engine would be "8?" (move cost *4. 30 warp minus zero charge needed by weapons. So 30/4 = 7.5?) Seems a bit fast. Unless you include the 2 power needed to fire the DISRs.

MRCAcct
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:18 am
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Re: SFU Unity

Postby MRCAcct » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:00 am

ericphillips wrote:So, for a FRAX heavy cruiser with a movement cost of one, and only phasers, DISRs, and drone racks the engine would be "8?" (move cost *4. 30 warp minus zero charge needed by weapons. So 30/4 = 7.5?) Seems a bit fast. Unless you include the 2 power needed to fire the DISRs.


No. Sounds like you're thinking SFB here. In FC power is power (AFAIK, no difference between Warp and Impulse anymore). You'd take all the power generated by the Frax CA (34), subtract the cost of firing the phasers and disruptors (6*1+4*.5+4*2=16). Divide the remaining by EPR (1*4) and you get speed = (34-16)/4 = 4.5 => 5.

ericphillips wrote:Why do my BSUR values not match the ones in your image? I have them entered with the same values, but I do not get the same BSUR. For example, my PHOT is 5.9, yours 6.8. PHOT OVL is 4.9 for me, and 5.7 for yours. Images included below.


Did a quick mucking with the spreadsheet. I'm guessing that that list was drawn up before Unity was finalized, and he was using 0.7 for Slow instead of 0.6 which he appeared to have settled on. (Using 0.7 got photons right in line.)

ericphillips
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:38 am

Re: SFU Unity

Postby ericphillips » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:52 am

[quote="MRCAcct"][/quote]

Thanks. All that makes sense. I was thinking SFB, you have that right. Cheers.


Return to “Starmada”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests