Starmada Nova Expansions

The Universal Game of Starship Combat
Blacklancer99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Starmada Nova Expansions

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:36 pm

Just wondering if there were any Starmada Nova Edition Expansions in the works. I was particularly wondering if there was anything non-Trek planned...I feel like Nova Edition has really just become Trek Edition. I know that the guys at VBAM are working on some tie ins with some other tactical games and I was wondering given the past collaborative products if there was any chance there would be a VBAM 2nd Ed/SNE book.
Cheers,
Erik
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

BroAdso
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: Starmada Nova Expansions

Postby BroAdso » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:21 pm

I'm enjoying the format I've developed for the TNG-era expansion I'm working on, in the Bourbaki Basin. I should be playing some games with it over the winter, too, so I might post a Battle Report up here.

I can easily see expanding my format (with its photo-rich, counters-for-playing style) to other player-created settings. The only real requirement is that I'd prefer to work with settings which have some easy way to obtain pictures I can format for the creation of counters. Once I finish Trek in a couple of months, is there a setting you'd like to see worked on?

I've toyed with doing the Sins Of A Solar Empire factions and their ships, or a Star Wars ship collection. The main problem with doing an entirely new and original setting (like MurtalianConfederacy's great stuff) in the format I am using is that I don't have the Illustrator, freehand drawing, or 3d modelling skills to create the ships myself, and my format at the moment gets most of what I like about it from being media-rich.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Blacklancer99 wrote:Just wondering if there were any Starmada Nova Edition Expansions in the works. I was particularly wondering if there was anything non-Trek planned...I feel like Nova Edition has really just become Trek Edition. I know that the guys at VBAM are working on some tie ins with some other tactical games and I was wondering given the past collaborative products if there was any chance there would be a VBAM 2nd Ed/SNE book.
Cheers,
Erik

Hi Erik, you could try asking over on the VBAM site but I am fairly sure that Jay said that there were no plans for a second edition version.
Maybe if enough people show an interest? Certainly I would not expect anything until announced projects are finished.
Wonder how many people are still waiting on Fleet Ops version 2, seems like it has been a long time since Dan mentioned it.
Paul

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:45 am

Someone mention my name? :P

I wouldn't mind working on a SNE expansion, but I'd need someone to do the artwork--just look at my efforts in my supplements to see what I mean...:)
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

Blacklancer99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Sorry, I should have been more specific...I was really wondering if Cricket had anything official in the works.
Erik
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:54 am

That's also what I mean--I'd be happy to work on a SNE expansion that gets officially published...:)
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

Return to “Starmada”