ConQuest NW 2007

Playing together with our little guys
go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

ConQuest NW 2007

Postby go0gleplex » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:22 pm

ConQuest NW 2007 will be Feb. 17-19 in Seattle/ Bellevue area.

I will be there running Wardogs and Iron Stars at least. :) (already paid my door pass)
"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

Postby go0gleplex » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:14 am

http://www.avalonconventions.com/conquestnw/

Wardogs is planned to run on Saturday Feb. 17th at 9am. :)
"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:22 am

go0gleplex wrote:http://www.avalonconventions.com/conquestnw/

I think my generic counters might be used here more than the 'normal ones'....

ugh. I need to finish them.
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

Postby go0gleplex » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:03 am

thedugan wrote:
go0gleplex wrote:http://www.avalonconventions.com/conquestnw/

I think my generic counters might be used here more than the 'normal ones'....

ugh. I need to finish them.

No worries Mike. :) I was planning on using my battletech miniatures for this go round.

We'll definitely need them for the 'sample' rules though. ;)

go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

Con Report

Postby go0gleplex » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:29 pm

If this is less than coherent, Family and I just got home an hour ago after nearly 370 miles of driving.

ConQuestNW has a LOT going on. In fact, they had so many scheduled games the hotel ran out of tables and space. That was also the downside...without open tables, if you didn't have anything scheduled and weren't interested in the things that were, the enjoyment stopped. There was very limited Merchant space and the gaming areas were spread out between two floors and opposite ends of the motel. I hope they find a better venue next year and more than two merchants.

Wardogs did run as scheduled, though out of many lookers (who were totally blown away by the artwork and game concept) most had already committed to other games. I did get one guy who wanted to play, a CBT player of all things, and by the end of the first 90 minutes he's already planning on picking Wardogs up when it comes out. ;)

I know I was gonna have pictures, but my camera batteries went dead enroute to the con and I didn't have any spares. d'OH! >< So I'll have to wait until the con posts their official pictures.

The scenario being played pitted was the Iron Pagoda raiding an Outworld Consortium crystal mining facility. The IP forces consisted of 3 Cobras, 2 Ch'iangs, and one Shang as the officer's mount. Defending the unarmed base were 2 Namers, 1 Nagmachon, 2 Merkava MBT's, 2 Infantry Hvy Weapons Squads, and 4 Basic Infantry rifle squads.

The IP came through mountainous terrain to the west of the mine in a group. The Namer's were several klicks from the mine and came a running once the raiders were detected. The Merkava's were set up on ridgelines north and south of the mine with the Nagmachon at the base itself. By the time the Pagoda forces cleared the mountains on turn 2, one of the Namers was in range for a full out attack. Locking up one of the Cobra's, the pilot sent two missiles and cannon fire into the enemy unit. The first missile not only penetrated the armor, but exploded in the unlucky pilots lap instantly destroying the mecha. Additional fire from the Merkava's and Nagmachon proved ineffective. Having been unable to lock up the OC units, the Pagoda forces were unable to return fire. Their officer urged them to close the range fast.

The surviving two Cobra's avenged themselves the next turn, jumping behind and to the flank of the nearest Merkava. The Merkava fired into the flanking unit destroying its VTOL system, then exploded spectacularly as the Cobra behind it hit it with its 88mm Rifle cannon and 4 medium range missiles. The cannon blasted into the crew compartment while the first missile destroyed the power plant. Further damage was irrelevant to the unlucky tank.

No other units were destroyed, but the OC forces took a quick pounding in the following three turns. Since we had started late, we ran out of time before finishing the game. Given the damage sustained by the OC in the later turns, it looked to be an IP victory developing. (I was the OC player)

Being unable to run additional games on the open tables later (due to the lack there-of) it looks like the rules work. :) If I could have ran a second game later, half a dozen guys were willing to give it a go having watched the first game between turns of what they were playing already... :wink:

middenface
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby middenface » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:48 pm

Sounds good :D

I been busy while you were away..
(I think you be getting some 'stuff' in your in box.

Ian

'Full plate and packing steel' 8)

go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

Postby go0gleplex » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:53 am

middenface wrote:Sounds good :D

I been busy while you were away..
(I think you be getting some 'stuff' in your in box.

Ian

'Full plate and packing steel' 8)

I saw...I'll make comments later, but looks good.

One thing I didn't mention about the con was the seven people wanting to know if there were miniatures of the units available. 8)

jimbeau
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby jimbeau » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:04 am

I love a successful con!

Congratulations!

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:49 am

middenface wrote:'Full plate and packing steel' 8)

..ya know, that sounds like a good name for agame....
:-D

Glad to hear the Con went well, I'm still doing domestic stuff and Iron Stars model re-doos....
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

middenface
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby middenface » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:37 pm

go0gleplex wrote:
I saw...I'll make comments later, but looks good.

One thing I didn't mention about the con was the seven people wanting to know if there were miniatures of the units available. 8)

Its not the 1st time some has said that about some models I have done..

TOdd you know that big 4 legged walker thingy with a law enorcement festish?
Can we show the feller who did the stats :)

Ian

Return to “Conventions”