DieCon 2009

Playing together with our little guys
mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

DieCon 2009

Postby mj12games » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:38 am

Jim and I (and maybe Kevin) will be at DieCon the first weekend of June. It's in Collinsville, IL, just outside St. Louis.

Event schedule TBA.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

jimbeau
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: DieCon 2009

Postby jimbeau » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:42 am

cricket wrote:Jim and I (and maybe Kevin) will be at DieCon the first weekend of June. It's in Collinsville, IL, just outside St. Louis.

Event schedule TBA.

Yay Kevin! Woot Woot Ke-VIN Ke-VIN

and that TBA guy too, he's just as cool as kevin

jygro
Captain
Captain

Postby jygro » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 am

Diecon eh? It sounds like a close drive for me. Now convincing my wife to let me go!

*Edit* A mere 4 hour oneway drive isn't all that bad for a whole day of Saturday gaming. I don't have a place to crash (other than my car) and I'd have to be back in Indiana by 4pm on Sunday so I couldn't stay for the Sunday gaming. It's seriously tempting to play both Starmada and For the Masses...

-Bren

jimbeau
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby jimbeau » Sun May 31, 2009 11:15 am

come for friday night and leave early sunday when I do,I have to be back at home by 8am sunday for choir. You can sleep in our hotel room.

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Sun May 31, 2009 4:13 pm

jimbeau wrote:You can sleep in our hotel room.

For a fee.

:)
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:16 pm

DieCon was fun -- once I actually got there (missed the first session due to mechanical problems on the plane from Denver... :()

Some things I learned:

1) White Castle isn't really all that good... but that doesn't make me crave it any less.

2) $25 per hour is WAY too much to pay for internet access.

3) A lightning strike at a hotel not only scrambles the electronics on the door locks and knocks out the Wi-Fi system; it also makes the staff go all stupid.

4) I suck at names (and faces), but people I play games with once (at most twice) a year stick with me. At least for now -- I'm worried about what happens when I hit 40.

5) Six players is about the maximum I'd be comfortable trying to pack into a single event -- although we ran 8 for an ARES event once, that ended up breaking down into two 4-player battles, with Kevin and I splitting the GM duties.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

jygro
Captain
Captain

Postby jygro » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:03 am

Glad to hear that Diecon was fun (and thank you for the offer of crash space - I might take you up on that next year if you will be there)! I'm definitely going to have to put that on the radar for next year. Even more so if MJ12 games is going to make a showing...

Of course, with Diecon, Origins and Gencon within 2 months of each other, my pocket book will definitely be hurting!

-Bren

Return to “Conventions”