A Choice of Cons

Playing together with our little guys
go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

A Choice of Cons

Postby go0gleplex » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:37 am

Well...2009 is soon upon us and I may actually have the funds to attend a single con this year. The two I'm considering are Gamestorm 11 in Portland, Oregon or Enfilade '09 in Olympia, Washington. I get one or the othere...and if I go, I'll be playing Wardogs, Starmada:AE, and Iron Stars on the wargaming side of things...and some C&C if present.

So which one should I try to bribe the wife on...'cause others here will be there? :|
"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

jimbeau
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: A Choice of Cons

Postby jimbeau » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:39 am

origins?

go0gleplex
Admiral
Admiral

Postby go0gleplex » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:45 am

Wife and I are hoping to make GenCon in 2010, finances allowing. Right now I'm stuck with things closer to home. Relatively speaking. (200 miles or less)
"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

jygro
Captain
Captain

Postby jygro » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:14 am

I'm going to Origins (since I love playing For the Masses with Jim and Company! I also going to Gencon since I live ~1 hr away from it and I have friends that live in town for cheap room prices. I think I'm going to GZG EEC since I friend of mine just move within 3 minutes of the convention and it will be nice to see him after his move out East! Lastly, I'm hoping to go to Pentacon since it's within 3 hours and I'm told it's fairly entertaining...

Whew. That's about all the spending at conventions that I should do!
-Bren

jimbeau
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby jimbeau » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:38 pm

I enjoy our yearly fracas as well...

It was even better this year because I wasn't so damned tired

Return to “Conventions”