Starmada: Dreadnoughts - Modern ?

What's next?
domingojs23
Midshipman
Midshipman

Starmada: Dreadnoughts - Modern ?

Postby domingojs23 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:30 am

Dear MJ12 Friends,

Greetings ! I was wondering if you guys might consider producing a modern supplement to Starmada:Dreadnoughts, or even a new Starmada-based game altogether, to cover modern naval warfare ?

Sorry if this has been already proposed elsewhere .

Cheers,

Gary

netWilk
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: Starmada: Dreadnoughts - Modern ?

Postby netWilk » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:20 pm

The problem is that most of today's naval combats will be resolved with guides missiles/torpedoes fired from long ranges, so Starmada system is not the right scale for it.

Blacklancer99
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Starmada: Dreadnoughts - Modern ?

Postby Blacklancer99 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:31 pm

netWilk wrote:The problem is that most of today's naval combats will be resolved with guides missiles/torpedoes fired from long ranges, so Starmada system is not the right scale for it.

Personally, I can't see any reason why you couldn't make some really interesting, playable modern warship designs with Starmada. I think aircraft present a couple of problems (the top speed difference being MUCH greater than Dreadnoughts era ships & planes)unless you "scale" the movement of the ships way down and use the top end of the scale for fighters. Then the real problem becomes fighter-launched ordnance... That I can't see a real resolution for in the current rules (house rule needed?)
Erik
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

Return to “Game Design”