Yaay, beer!

Whaddaya wanna talk about today?
murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:40 am

I'm not much of a drinker either, but I can drink quite a few different drinks. All depends on the mood I'm in.

Thing is, I always get more philosophical when I'm drinking than when I'm not. Its not fun after your second drink when someone starts spouting philosophy at you is it?

Thats why I don't drink much...:D
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:38 pm

murtalianconfederacy wrote:I'm not much of a drinker either, but I can drink quite a few different drinks. All depends on the mood I'm in.

Thing is, I always get more philosophical when I'm drinking than when I'm not. Its not fun after your second drink when someone starts spouting philosophy at you is it?

Thats why I don't drink much...:D

Either spout philosophy, dance, or sleep. I'm too old to dance a lot, and there aren't any decent clubs about anyway. The wife is bored by anything philosophical, so sleep is the usual result.

...don't drink that often myself, if I buy a bottle, it sits unopened for a while, but dissappears in a week or so once I open it.
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

FlakMagnet
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Since we're sharing favored beers...

Postby FlakMagnet » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:53 pm

My tastes run towards darker beers like stouts and heffe weizens.

That being said, I very much enjoy and thoroughly recommend trying these:

Brewer - Beer:

Ayinger - Celebrator
Hoffbrau - Heffe Wiesen
Brasserie Caracole - Nostrodamus
G. Schneider & Sohn - Aventinus

The Aventinus is particularly good, and the Nostrodamus is enoyable even by those who don't particularly care for beer at all.

--Tim
--
Tim "Flak Magnet"
www.flakmagnet.com

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Since we're sharing favored beers...

Postby thedugan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:10 pm

FlakMagnet wrote:My tastes run towards darker beers like stouts and heffe weizens.

That being said, I very much enjoy and thoroughly recommend trying these:

Brewer - Beer:

Ayinger - Celebrator
Hoffbrau - Heffe Wiesen
Brasserie Caracole - Nostrodamus
G. Schneider & Sohn - Aventinus

The Aventinus is particularly good, and the Nostrodamus is enoyable even by those who don't particularly care for beer at all.

--Tim

Where do you get these, a Liquor Store? I can get a lot of beers at the local Wally-mart, but don't venture out much to the (somewhat out of the way) Liquor Store. I can occasionally get Sake at the Asian Gorocery Stores...

We have "Package Stores" here, but the "Buckle in the Bible Belt" isn't the best-served place to buy spirits...they're comparatively rare given the size of the town I live in - anyone in Fort Worth?

Anyone know where I can find a Strohs? I could find it all over the place in the late 70's in Chicago...

Star Ranger
Midshipman
Midshipman

Re: Since we're sharing favored beers...

Postby Star Ranger » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:01 am

thedugan wrote:Where do you get these, a Liquor Store? I can get a lot of beers at the local Wally-mart, but don't venture out much to the (somewhat out of the way) Liquor Store. I can occasionally get Sake at the Asian Gorocery Stores...

We have "Package Stores" here, but the "Buckle in the Bible Belt" isn't the best-served place to buy spirits...they're comparatively rare given the size of the town I live in - anyone in Fort Worth?

Anyone know where I can find a Strohs? I could find it all over the place in the late 70's in Chicago...

According to beeradvocate.com, the best beer stores in the DFW area are the Central Markets and Majestic Liquors.

Stroh's Brewing when under in 1999 and the label was sold to Pabst Brewing, and according to Pabst's website, they don't distribute Stroh's to Texas.

Currently in my fridge:
Summit Scandia (Belgian Wit)
Surly Furious (American IPA)
Surly Bender (American Brown Ale)
Bells Hop Slam (Imperial IPA)
New Glarus Belgian Red (Belgian Sour beer with lots of Cherries)
New Glarus Bourbon Barrel Aged Dopplebock
Avery Czar Imperial Stout

(other than space games my other hobby is homebrewing and beer judging, I am a BJCP.com certified beer judge)
Starship Combat News
The latest info on space games and miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com

jimbeau
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby jimbeau » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:14 am

I'm leaning more and more to the stouts these days, but Guinness is my true love.

I don't care what anyone says about it, nowadays it's everywhere and it's always the same creamy goodness.

tabascojunkie
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby tabascojunkie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:26 am

In the DFW area, World Market also has a pretty good selection if there's one around you anywhere. We go to the one in Firewheel in Garland.

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:32 pm

tabascojunkie wrote:In the DFW area, World Market also has a pretty good selection if there's one around you anywhere. We go to the one in Firewheel in Garland.

Geez, Garland has got to be a good 50 miles away. I live in the 'Alliance Corridor' area. I hear World Market ads on radio periodically.

I'm not sure what the name of the liquor store is that's west of here on Western Center. I've seen quite a few Majestic Stores - most of them ought to be called 'Seedy's'.....
:)

FWIW, to those of you not living in the DFW area, we're not exactly 'the sticks' - we've got a population in Tarrant and Dallas counties of over 6 Million now.

There HAS to be someone around that plays MJ12 stuff that has a crappy shift compatible with mine.....

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:34 pm

jimbeau wrote:I'm leaning more and more to the stouts these days, but Guinness is my true love.

I don't care what anyone says about it, nowadays it's everywhere and it's always the same creamy goodness.

Nothing WRONG with Guiness, just not my cup o'tea...I'll drink it if need be. I have to REAL picky about what I eat and drink nowadays...

tabascojunkie
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby tabascojunkie » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:05 am

thedugan wrote:
There HAS to be someone around that plays MJ12 stuff that has a crappy shift compatible with mine.....

I'm the only person I know of anywhere near me that plays any MJ12 games. You might be the nearest one.

Return to “Discussion”