Yaay, beer!

Whaddaya wanna talk about today?
anvil242

Postby anvil242 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:11 am

Are you going to Reapercon? I might be persuaded to bring along some ships this year, if you can bring a map and rules.

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:19 pm

tabascojunkie wrote:
thedugan wrote:
There HAS to be someone around that plays MJ12 stuff that has a crappy shift compatible with mine.....

I'm the only person I know of anywhere near me that plays any MJ12 games. You might be the nearest one.

Dang, and you're like at least 40 miles away....Played RPGs for a few weeks a few years back with a group in Allen - that's definitely over 50.

I think PLAYING is somewhat misleading - the only time I've had a chance to actually SIT DOWN AND PLAY was Starmada a few years ago with the afore-mentioned RPG group. They liked the mecha game where you fueled your mech with beer better - they're RPGer's, thus the weirdness.

No way they wanted to play SFB....
:)

FWIW, I'm off on Thursdays and every other Wednesday - I'm 'off' Friday, but I have to be at work at 22:30, so I sleep Friday afternoon/evening.

Last time I had a regular group was in the mid-80's....

SFB, Rolemaster, and Runequest were the order of the day. I still have an aversion to percentile based systems - D6's - not so much. Best time ever was with our group in the Submarine Barracks at Pearl Harbor - Advanced D&D with chunks from Paranoia and Arduin....
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

thedugan
Admiral
Admiral

Postby thedugan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:21 pm

anvil242 wrote:Are you going to Reapercon? I might be persuaded to bring along some ships this year, if you can bring a map and rules.

I don't know if you're talking to me, but when/where is Reapercon?

I've never gone to a con....
Becuz I'm da friggin' ART FAIRY - dats why!

Big Bang = Let there be LIGHT!

anvil242

Postby anvil242 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Reapercon is in Denton, TX May 15-18.
http://www.reapermini.com/ReaperCon

I was talking to TobascoJunkie, as I know him from the Reaper boards, but I'm sure all would be welcome. They play CAV and Warlord there mostly, since they are the publishers of those games

tabascojunkie
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby tabascojunkie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:41 am

Yup, I'll be there. I'll have to ask if we can play some Starmada while we're there. They're not real big on other people's games being played there, but hey, it's their party. I know last year Froggy and I played some Full Thrust. He got permission from Ed.

I'd love to play a game or two.

Kinda doubt we could sneak in that game of Ares though. :wink:

tabascojunkie
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby tabascojunkie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:45 am

And Dugan, if you can make it out to ReaperCon, it's great fun. Lotsa painting and sculpting and games, and the Reaper fans and Peeps really are some of the coolest people around. It's a really good time. Go poke around Reaper's forum in the ReaperCon section and read up.

Then there's ShinerCon afterwards. :twisted:

japridemor
Commander
Commander

BEER, lets talk about beer!

Postby japridemor » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Ahh, so sad :( . Another fine thread hijacked. lol All this fine discussion about our favorite fermented beverage, spammed by talking about games. :D Back to beer please, leave the game stuff to the other threads.
James Pridemore
"In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro." -- Thomas A. Kempis

middenface
Midshipman
Midshipman

Postby middenface » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Well in these part we differentiate (say that drunk) between beer and imported beer or is that lager but proper stuff... still that stuff (like Hoegarden) tasks like lager to me not beer-real ale...

Cask Beer you cannot beat it! Real Ale, none of your draught over chemical laden mass produce nonsense oh no real stuff.!

My particular favourites:
Hobgoblin, Black Wych from the Wychwood brewery.
Rigwelters Black Sheet from the Black Sheep Brewery.
Centurions Ghost: York Brewery. (The holy beer)
Bombardier and Satanic Mills from Wells

I favour the dark dark stuff...
'Full plate and packing steel' - Minsc

tabascojunkie
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Re: BEER, lets talk about beer!

Postby tabascojunkie » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:40 pm

japridemor wrote:Ahh, so sad :( . Another fine thread hijacked. lol All this fine discussion about our favorite fermented beverage, spammed by talking about games. :D Back to beer please, leave the game stuff to the other threads.

Well I was trying to segue out of the ReaperCon discussion by mentioning ShinerCon, which is the after hours festivities, which just so happen to involve.........................................................................

BEER!!!! :D :D :D

Or in my case Crown Royal. :D

anvil242

Postby anvil242 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:36 pm

Yeah, my fault, sorry. I've always been a fan of Bass Ale, and Harp's Lager. But since I quit drinking (Geez has it really been 20 YEARS!) I find I like Amber O'Douls.

Return to “Discussion”