Starmada: Nova Edition -- The Plan

Stuff you need to know
mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Starmada: Nova Edition -- The Plan

Postby mj12games » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Okay -- so if you've been paying attention, you know the new edition of Starmada is about six weeks overdue. I apologize for that, and I hope the wait will have been worth it. Besides, it was unavoidable, what with the new job, new house, and new baby on the way (OMG).

In the next week or so, pre-orders will begin for the hardcopy of Starmada: Nova Rulebook. Pre-order customers will immediately receive a PDF copy as well. In April, hard copies will ship to pre-order customers and retail stores.

How does this impact the Star Fleet Armada books?

Starting in June, an updated version of Klingon Armada will be released, followed in short order by updated versions of Romulan, Alien, and Distant Armadas. Battleship Armada will be released in both Admiralty and Nova versions.

For those of you who own the existing SFU books, there are some options if you are reluctant to buy the updated versions:

First, a short and easy-to-use update document will be available for free, allowing you to convert the Admiralty designs to their Nova versions. It will also include the relevant SFU rules so that, when combined with the basic Nova rules (also available for free) you will have everything you need to be up-to-date.

Second, if you can wait until they've all been updated, a PDF will be made available with all the ships from the first four SFU books (Klingon, Romulan, Alien, Distant) for one very reasonable price.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

murtalianconfederacy
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Starmada: Nova Edition -- The Plan

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:49 pm

First, congratulations on the new baby...:)

Second, what sort of prices are we talking about for pre-ordering? I want to make sure I've got the necessary funds...:)
Staff Door at my local Waterstones:

"This door is alarmed"

:) :)

graydo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby graydo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:41 pm

If we only wish to purchase the PDF?

Congrats on the baby!
Last edited by graydo on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blacklancer99
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Blacklancer99 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:06 pm

cricket wrote:Okay -- so if you've been paying attention, you know the new edition of Starmada is about six weeks overdue. I apologize for that, and I hope the wait will have been worth it. Besides, it was unavoidable, what with the new job, new house, and new baby on the way (OMG).

In the next week or so, pre-orders will begin for the hardcopy of Starmada: Nova Rulebook. Pre-order customers will immediately receive a PDF copy as well. In April, hard copies will ship to pre-order customers and retail stores.

How does this impact the Star Fleet Armada books?

Starting in June, an updated version of Klingon Armada will be released, followed in short order by updated versions of Romulan, Alien, and Distant Armadas. Battleship Armada will be released in both Admiralty and Nova versions.

For those of you who own the existing SFU books, there are some options if you are reluctant to buy the updated versions:

First, a short and easy-to-use update document will be available for free, allowing you to convert the Admiralty designs to their Nova versions. It will also include the relevant SFU rules so that, when combined with the basic Nova rules (also available for free) you will have everything you need to be up-to-date.

Second, if you can wait until they've all been updated, a PDF will be made available with all the ships from the first four SFU books (Klingon, Romulan, Alien, Distant) for one very reasonable price.

Thanks for the update, and congrats on the baby!
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable.
Mark Twain.

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 am

graydo wrote:If we only wish to purchase the PDF?

The PDF will be available at the time pre-orders are announced.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:18 pm

Congratulations on the Starmadian or should that be Starmadette. :D

Look forward to the final version.

Paul

jwpacker
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

Postby jwpacker » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Really looking forward to this, and hope to have the opportunity to buy the PDF before I go on vacation the last week of the month - got a twelve hour car ride each way, and only driving half of it, so it'd be cool to have on hand before then. But no pressure or anything. :)

And if it's a little girl, I like the sound of Starmaiden...

Marauder
Commander
Commander

Postby Marauder » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:41 pm

Great news!

If I wait to buy all the StarFleet stuff at the same time does that PDF also come with the extra rules? I'll definitely get them either way, just would be convenient if it were all in one package.

Glad to hear the Nova edition PDF will be ready soon - I'll be standing by with my finger on the "pay now"!

Good that you are getting the nova edition out now before the baby arrives - I know my time got very limited after our first child - and man having a 2nd kid doesn't help with the free time either! Congrats!

-Tim

Chogokin

Postby Chogokin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:39 am

Congratulations on the upcoming munchkin! Count me down for a pre-order! For the game, not the baby...

madpax
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby madpax » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Mazel Tov for every new in your life.

I suppose that this is the week where the pre-order will be opened?

Marc

Return to “News”