Defiance: Evolution of Arms now available

Stuff you need to know
mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Defiance: Evolution of Arms now available

Postby mj12games » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:17 pm

tnjrp wrote:(and you still need to advertise this a bit more)

Been advertising in all the usual places... I'm open to suggestions.
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:36 am

Ah, then your usual places just aren't my usual places. I most certainly haven't seen anything on The Miniatures Page nor yet on the reportedly currently the-most-hip Beasts Of War as of yet - those are the biggest miniature wargaming nexuses I frequent.

mj12games
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Postby mj12games » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:46 pm

tnjrp wrote:Ah, then your usual places just aren't my usual places. I most certainly haven't seen anything on The Miniatures Page nor yet on the reportedly currently the-most-hip Beasts Of War as of yet - those are the biggest miniature wargaming nexuses I frequent.

Sent in a notice to TMP, guess it hasn't shown up yet.

Hadn't heard of "Beasts of War" (I know, I'm not among the most-hip...)
Daniel Kast
Majestic Twelve Games
www.mj12games.com

Marauder
Commander
Commander

Postby Marauder » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey just wondering if you guys are planning on doing some sort of army creation aid, much like all the great spreadsheets you have for Starmada? One of the issues we had with using Defiance in our gaming group is that people were just overwhelmed with the options and having a nice spreadsheet with all the options in it would have helped out!

-Tim

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 am

cricket wrote:Hadn't heard of "Beasts of War" (I know, I'm not among the most-hip...)
It's a very big profile :ugeek: site and mostly about the Big Guys obviously. I'm not sure were they get the money to do all those vids and flashy graphics (all of those bells and whistles make the site very slow to load BTW), but maybe they don't ask (too much) money for publishing a news item.
http://www.beastsofwar.com/

Did't see anything on Tabletop Gaming News either as I just checked, but I'm not really very familiar with how that site works so maybe I just missed it.
http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/

Demian Rose
Commander
Commander

Postby Demian Rose » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:54 am

Hi Tim,

I've been looking for someone who can make a customizer and am willing to pay decent money for it. Haven't yet gotten any confirmed bites.

OldnGrey
Admiral
Admiral

Postby OldnGrey » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Beasts of war even have a programme (monthly I think) on satellite TV, On the Showcase channel, Astra 28.2E 11,260(V) (just in case anyone in Europe wants to keep an eye out for it).

I thought I read that Cosworth was doing a spreadsheet last year (sad person me, I read things for games I have never bought and played :) )

Paul
Edit/Update. Showcase site has it as:
Wargaming News. 30minute.
Saturday 5.30pm GMT
Wednesday 1.30pm GMT
Thursday 5.30pm GMT

Marauder
Commander
Commander

Postby Marauder » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Demian Rose wrote:Hi Tim,

I've been looking for someone who can make a customizer and am willing to pay decent money for it. Haven't yet gotten any confirmed bites.

TMP seems to have an issue now that they are so busy they can only post news for people who pay for advertising. So if you want to bring this to people's attention on TMP I suggest just posting in the message boards.

@Demian
Wish i had known that about a year ago. A buddy and I could have worked on it. Now we both have new babies at home!

Maybe if you advertise the supplement at TGN and TMP also mention you are looking for someone to work on a design program/spreadsheet in the same article.

-Tim

tnjrp
Captain
Captain

Postby tnjrp » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:28 am

Marauder wrote:TMP seems to have an issue now that they are so busy they can only post news for people who pay for advertising. So if you want to bring this to people's attention on TMP I suggest just posting in the message boards
Well, you just can't get free advertising these days - unless it's fanboy spamming of course. Demian doing it would only make it mildly more official and in fact it seems to be frowned upon at TMP that a company rep does it without the company becoming a paying advertiser there.

Anyway, I already spammed D:AoE on the TMP scifi board and also at Lead Adventure. Somebody at the former was flabbergasted that somebody bothers since "[nobody] plays this game any more". D:VG - the best hidden secret of the scifi ruleset world :mrgreen:

On the issue of a calc prog, I started on an Access database to do the calculations once. But I don't think I have the time to commit to completing it either. I could try if I do start to use trains more in the near future but I won't promise anything.

Marauder
Commander
Commander

Postby Marauder » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:42 pm

Table Top Gaming News is free.

I see lots of companies post about their games on TMP, especially in the 15mm sub forum. Some may frown on it, but then again its hard to post anything on TMP without someone frowning on it! :D

-Tim

Return to “News”